Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Gmail problem with USP5.0 SR1 install

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DanceMan

DanceMan

• 18 posts
I've made a slipstreamed install disk with USP5.0 SR1, removing OE and WMP, and have used it, along with the ic, DA, and DX files. I can't connect to Gmail with this install -- I get "done" but a blank page, using either FF 1.5 with Adblock or IE, even if I disable my firewall. I've been able to connect on another machine with an older 2K install.

Can anyone suggest where I should look to solve this?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
strange, - because Firefox 1.5 has nothing to do with Removing of any windows components, and so Gmail should just work. for IE i could emagine
even though i wouldn't know why...

did you use nlite - if so you should add your last_session.ini
[message of the .....whatever]
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!
Where is the "any key" ???

DanceMan

DanceMan

• 18 posts
Yes, I used nLite, but the install I did it on has been wiped.

It's not the browser. I just installed FF 1.5 on another machine with a different install of 2K and it accesses Gmail without a problem. Either I'm missing a plugin like Flash or JS, or I did something wrong during the slipstreaming. No problems with any other sites.

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
did you OEM Brand you install, iff so info on removed components should be in (right click my computer) - the nlite logo should be in the left down corner of the screen, and a buttot 'support information' should lead you to a list of remove components - if not, there's basicly little i can think of that could be the problem, -
[message of the .....whatever]
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!
Where is the "any key" ???

HappyRay

HappyRay

• 11 posts
Have you installed Java? Gmail need it. (If you don't use the HTML-version, off course...)

I use RyanVMs switchless installer for Sun Java, 'cause he re-pack them with the latest updates.

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
I think the problem could be cause either by nLite or - more likely - by my IC package, because it expects OE to be installed. Fortunately the IC package will be obsolete when USP 5.1 hits the web in a few days.

Best regards (and sry if it really is my IC package),
Gurgelmeyer B)

DanceMan

DanceMan

• 18 posts
I've installed from a slipstreamed USP5.1 disk, with OE, WMP, and Messenger removed, and it loads Gmail without a problem.

Again, thanks to Gurgelmeyer. You've produced a fine resource that's an enormous help to so many of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN