Office 2003 unattended problem

hamohd70

• 1 month later...

I have same problem but w/different partitions/installs of XP.

No shrink, no prob.

I just 7ziped the whole thing for my failsafe version, no MST, just: setup.exe /qb.

It's 240mb., but it always completes.

Would be nice to see an update of the shring office script, gotta love it anyway.

I've noticed 3 things:

1. When Outlook filter isn't integrated, sometimes no go, thing backs up.

2. Depending on the MST you've made, results varry.

3. When you re-run shrink_lang02.exe a second time, it presents a different completion notice displaying time to completion. The resulting file has a better chance of finishing setup.

Edited by thuun derboy

I had the same problem with the install rolling back and not installing. Here's how I fixed it:

I ran the setup with the "TRANSFORMS=Unattended.mst" tag but I left off the "/qb-"

This will allow you to see what is goin on. Click next on everything using whatever the default settings are (This is basically all that the "/qb-" command does since the user can't see the dialogs).

Sometime during the installation you will get an error. Most likely it's a missing file, take note of the file the setup can't find and click "Ignore." Keep doing this until setup is finished and you have your list of files (only five for me).

Then just copy those files into the right places(from The Unshrunk Source To The Shrunk Source) in your setup files and now you should be able to run the silent install with no problems!

********************************************************************************************

MY LIST OF MISSING FILES. YOURS MAY BE DIFFERENT

\FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBFLDRS\MSONSEXT.DLL

\FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBFLDRS\PKMWS.DLL

\FILES\PFILES\COMMON\MSSHARED\WEBFLDRS\1033\NSEXTINT.DLL

\FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSDAIPP.DLL

\FILES\PFILES\COMMON\SYSTEM\OLEDB\MSDAPML.DLL