Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

CPU HALT bug in MSURP1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Hi :)

I recently digged into this, and this might be the answer: the only hotfix included in the MSURP1 which requires an updated HALMACPI.DLL is the KB835730 fix. The KB article also mentions P4 HT and "the C3 power-saving state", so I borrowed a P4 laptop with HT and tried all post-sp4 versions of HALMACPI.DLL. Version 5.0.2195.6988 mentioned in the KB artivle and all later versions seemed to have this problem. Second time I tested I modified the registry after installing the KB835730 fix as described in the KB. That certainly made a difference with all versions of this file - even with the MSURP1.

The registry change I'm referring to is this

• Edit the registry Add a DWORD value named 14140000FFFFFFFF that has a value of 00000010 to the following registry setting: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\HAL

Maybe MS forgot this setting in the URP1 (it's not there - I checked) ? Or maybe it only works with Dell hardware? Dono :no:

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
AH - someone else figured this out too:

http://www.msfn.org/...opic=59364&st=0 :hello:

/G B)

Edited by Gurgelmeyer, 22 December 2005 - 03:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users