Building a Pre-activated CD from an existing installation

Anyone in this thread still have an old Dell OEM XP Vanilla CD?

Hi

I have most Dell OEM Vanilla CD's, which one are you after?

I think all Dell OEM Vanilla CDs are essentially the same. As long as there's no service pack 1a or 2 or 3 on it.

Can you make an ISO (Alcohol 120% is best) for me please that would be very grateful.

Anyone in this thread still have an old Dell OEM XP Vanilla CD?

Hi

I have most Dell OEM Vanilla CD's, which one are you after?

I think all Dell OEM Vanilla CDs are essentially the same. As long as there's no service pack 1a or 2 or 3 on it.

Can you make an ISO (Alcohol 120% is best) for me please that would be very grateful.

I have gone through and all my original Dell XP Pro CD's are service packed, but I have got an original Dell XP Home CD if that's any use to you?

• 1 month later...
So if I have a bunch of OEM machines(Dell, HP, Gateway, etc), and I'm creating an image for those machines, I can use the Product Key located in their WINNT.SIF from the Recovery CD instead of the Key on the sticker?

In that case you already have to OEMBIOS files. And yes you can use the key in winnt.sif as long as your target machine will pass the BIOS check.

You cannot use the same image for multiple manufacturers and still preserve the activation. (I'm working on that but am not ready to discuss any details.)

Have you completed your multi oem cd preactivated if yes send this on torrent or guide us how to do this Unique Job

• 2 months later...

Bezalel or anyone else,

Do you know how to show the Product ID of the installation?

EXAMPLE: find XP Product ID from Digital ProductID or some other way and output PID, like 55274-OEM-0011903-00102 for Dell?

I'm just trying to be able to get the XP PID from the rigistry, a reg file or other files, instead of having to run MGA.EXE or something else.

Thanks.

Bezalel or anyone else,

Do you know how to show the Product ID of the installation?

EXAMPLE: find XP Product ID from Digital ProductID or some other way and output PID, like 55274-OEM-0011903-00102 for Dell?

I'm just trying to be able to get the XP PID from the rigistry, a reg file or other files, instead of having to run MGA.EXE or something else.

Thanks.

Just use the Win32_WindowsProductActivation WMI Class.

Just use the Win32_WindowsProductActivation WMI Class.

Thanks!

Unfortunately my coding isn't that advanced yet. All I can do is compile code, not write it yet. Someday I want to learn. I have Borland C++ 5.5 FREE version.

I came up with a quick-and-dirty method of getting the ProductID from a running installation.

I use a MSDOS batch file that saves the HKLM\SOFTWARE\MOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT registry key to a .reg file.

Then I can later examine it, and view the whole ProductID showing the version of windows installed,service patch, oem SLP info, etc.

I finally (after many hours experimenting with other peoples code) got my batch file to save the name as a user input variable with date and time.

For some reason the command line in XP won't accept the code, but it works when I just run the batch file. I think it has tho do with echoing all the text in the XP command line environment.

Anyone intersted in my batch file? I won't post it unless you are.

• 3 months later...

Bezalel youre the man! I have been wanting to make a custom XP MCE (Unfortunatly this pc came with 2002 and I have yet to find someone with 2005 that will let me have a copy so I am updated) clean install. This computer is a Compaq Presario SR2013WM that I bought for my grandfather. When I do clean installs for him it installs junk and virus scanners that are out of date. I was wanting a freshly made cd or dvd to use for his pc where I could always have it available if he needs to restore his computer. He barely ever uses the computer so while doing so I managed to save his favorites and have them copied over using oem folders.

My question is this before I burn the disk as I am running low on disks at the moment. I copied his i386 directory out of his C:\Windows\i386 which I assume is so if windows ever needs files its located on the hard disk. I however had to get the other files and directories from a 32bit edition. My pc is a 64 bit pc so I assume so is this windows mce i386 folder. Will this work?

• 1 year later...

I've put together two files that can be used to make a pre-activated CD if all you got with your computer is a restore CD you will also need access to an OEM hologram CD for the rest of the files. Put the following files in the same folder

See Bezalel Post for original code on Page 1

getfiles_key.vbs

' Backup/Get OEMBIOS Files & create a basic windows answer file (winnt.sif)
' WinNT: XP
' Author: 38956
' This script is based on "Bezalel" scripts on the MSFN Forum
' ( URL: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/63258-building-a-pre-activated-cd-from-an-existing-installation/ )
' 21110112.3 - 09:53 Zulu

Dim objFSO, objShell
Dim strXPKey

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'// Functions: GetKey(rpk)
'//
'// Credit where credit is due - I found this script posted by user "Bezalel" on MSFN Forum
'// ( URL: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/63258-building-a-pre-activated-cd-from-an-existing-installation/ )
'// and used it here to retrieve the windows product key:

strXPKey = objShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName")
If Len(strXPKey) > 0 Then
Function GetKey(rpk)
Const rpkOffset=52:i=28
szPossibleChars="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
Do
dwAccumulator=0 : j=14
Do
dwAccumulator=dwAccumulator*256
dwAccumulator=rpk(j+rpkOffset)+dwAccumulator
rpk(j+rpkOffset)=(dwAccumulator\24) and 255
dwAccumulator=dwAccumulator Mod 24
j=j-1
Loop While j>=0
i=i-1 : szProductKey=mid(szPossibleChars,dwAccumulator+1,1)&szProductKey
if (((29-i) Mod 6)=0) and (i<>-1) then
i=i-1 : szProductKey="-"&szProductKey
End If
Loop While i>=0
GetKey=szProductKey
End Function
End If

set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If Not objFSO.FolderExists(".\OEMBIOS") Then
set objFolderOEMBIOS = objFSO.CreateFolder(".\OEMBIOS")
End If
If Not objFSO.FolderExists(".\OEMBIOS\i386") Then
set objFolderi386 = objFSO.CreateFolder(".\OEMBIOS\i386")
End If

objShell.Run "cmd /c attrib -s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT /L .\OEMBIOS\i386 & attrib +s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.BIN /L .\OEMBIOS\i386 & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.DAT /L .\OEMBIOS\i386 & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.SIG /L .\OEMBIOS\i386"

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set winntsif = fso.OpenTextFile(".\OEMBIOS\i386\winnt.sif", 2, True)

winntsif.WriteLine "[UserData]"
winntsif.WriteLine "ProductKey=" & chr(34) & GetKey(objShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId")) & chr(34)
winntsif.WriteLine "[Data]"
winntsif.WriteLine "MSDosInitiated=0"
winntsif.WriteLine "UnattendedInstall=Yes"

Edited by 38956

• 1 year later...

Many thanks Bezalel for your nice scripts!

I know it's an old thread but I would like to share a workaround when some trouble happen with computers using Hyper Threading technology.

In fact to install Windows XP and all the files needed for the silent installation we need 8 files for Hyper Threading computers.

I improved your batch file to do easely this job:

GetFiles.bat

attrib -s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
attrib +s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.BIN
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.DAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.SIG
echo.
REM For computers with Hyperthreading technology
REM Set all these 8 files inside your distribution folder I386
if exist %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386 goto :next
if errorlevel 1 goto :getkey
echo.
:next
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS (1).DA_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS (2).SI_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS (3).BI_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS.CA_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
echo.
:getkey
cscript //nologo getkey.vbs > winnt.sif
goto :exit
:exit

After we can set all these files inside our distribution folder (I386) and replace existing ones!.

HTH

Thanks and regards

Edited by myselfidem

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Thanks for your suggestion Bezabel smile.gif

Here is the MGADIAG

ora pannelli solari Europa occidentaleGenuineResults

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->

BIOS string matches: yes

Marker string from BIOS: 5C19:Compaq Computer Corporation|117BC:Compaq Computer Corporation|1FFEA:Compaq Computer Corporation|A0D8:Compaq Computer Corporation|117E3:Compaq Computer Corporation|117E3:Compaq Computer Corporation|1FFEA:Hewlett-Packard Company|A0D8:Hewlett-Packard Company

Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: Compaq,Hewlett,Hewlett,Compaq

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->

N/A

Hope it can help smile.gif

il sistema operativo ha così tante funzioni. che è davvero importante per un computer. in modo che io sto cercando di fare qualche buon pensiero a questo. sto ora voglio fare un po 'di buone notizie a voi che ora è che abbiamo grande sistema operativo ed è facile da usare.

Edited by Brank

Translation -

the operating system has so many features. which is really important for a computer. so I'm trying to do some good thought to this. I now want to do a bit 'of good news to you that now is that we have great operating system and is easy to use.

Rules -

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

2.d Be mindful of other users on this forum and post in English. If you must post in your native tongue, please include an English translation so that it can be better read and responded to by the rest of the forum members; if it ends up being a useful post, others will be able to view and read it later. This site is unilingual, so be mindful of that when you post.

Translation -

2.d essere consapevoli di altri utenti su questo forum e postare in inglese. Se si deve inserire [qualcosa] nella vostra lingua madre, si prega di includere una traduzione in inglese in modo che possa essere meglio letto e risposto con il resto dei membri del forum, se si finisce per essere un post utile, altri saranno in grado di visualizzare e leggere successivamente. Questo sito è monolingue, in modo da essere consapevoli che quando si posta.

http://translate.google.com

English questions - What is your point? Why did you quote another member's post?

Translation -

English questions - What is your point? Why did you quote another member's post?

JFYI, the original is not even Italian (I mean they are italian words, but they are not Italian they appear to be the result of a google translate or similar).

jaclaz