Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Building a Pre-activated CD from an existing installation

* * * * - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

andrewwan1980

andrewwan1980

• Members
  • 26 posts

If you have the Dell CD you don't need this. In setting up this procedure I compared a Dell CD to a hologram CD and wrote a program that would generate the files that were different.

I have a Dell SP1a slipstreamed to SP2 CD. However I do not like the branding and other customised files and wish to OEMBIOS process a generic MSDN SP2 CD. I used Beyond Compare to compare the I386 folders of the Dell SP2 CD & MSDN SP2 CDs. Files differing are:

I386\ACC_DIS.CH_
I386\ACCESSIB.CH_
I386\EULA.TXT
I386\IESUPP.CH_
I386\IEWEBHLP.CH_
I386\MDMSSYS.IN_
I386\MINDEX.DL_
I386\MSISAM11.DL_
I386\MSUNI11.DL_
I386\NEWALERT.WA_
I386\NEWEMAIL.WA_
I386\OEMBIOS.BI_
I386\OEMBIOS.CA_
I386\OEMBIOS.DA_
I386\OEMBIOS.SI_
I386\ONLINE.WA_
I386\OSCHOICE.EX_
I386\PRIVACY.HT_
I386\SETUPP.INI
I386\SUPP_ED.CH_
I386\WMERRENU.DL_
I386\WMIDX.OC_
I386\WMMFILT.DL_
I386\WMMRES.DL_
I386\WMMUTIL.DL_
I386\WMPSTUB.EX_
I386\WMPVIS.DL_
I386\WMV8DMOD.DL_
----------------------

Besides the OEMBIOS.* and SETUPP.INI differing, why do you think the other files would differ? Was it because of Dell's SP1a or Dell's customisation to these files? And back to the main query, is it possible to use Dell OEMBIOS files into MSDN and change SETUPP.INI to accept OEM keys?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developers
  • 2,879 posts

I used an MCE 2 CD set that was not manufacturer specific ; Dell, HP
Mine is a HP but just adding those files and getting all the Hotfixes for Media Center Edition worked for me.
And benefit is NO 40 games they want you to pay for and Trial versions of a bunch of stuff I don't use.
Mine squeaky clean

His getkey.vbs works and makes the basic Winnt.sif which is good for beginner's, yes you can use JellyBean

You sent me a msg andrewwan1980
I used vbs file from original installation and done as above with my UnattendXP application.
I used an MCE 2 CD set that was not manufacturer specific ; Dell, HP had a friend who had the 2 CD set non OEM

Archigos

Archigos

• Members
  • 17 posts
I've mainly just skimmed this... but a quicker way of getting the SLP needed for the OEMBIOS files (this has been checked on different royalty style systems from different companies. Ex. Lenovo TabletPC, Dell XP Pro Desktop)

Open up the following file in notepad or whatever and it's listed under [Version]
C:\Windows\System32\oobe\oobeinfo.ini

By the way... great work guys... It's helping me further my steps in ridding my Tablet of Lenovo's bloatware.

Archigos

Archigos

• Members
  • 17 posts
Hey guys,
I ran into a small problem... I'm trying to create a disc so I can reinstall XP Tablet Edition on my system... (I have a Lenovo X41 Tablet)

I borrowed a legit disc from a friend that has another tablet, changed the setupp.ini to match the one in the recovery files on my system so it would take the oem key and put the oembios files in the i386 directory. I think integrated a bunch of DriverPacks into the disc and again copied over the setupp.ini and oembios files in case they changed. I then used nLite (only for the ISO making, nothing else) and I'm trying to test it in VMWare. It's telling me the product key is invalid... (the one that your getkey file and the one I mentioned above are identical). I assume this is because the VM obviously wont have a Lenovo branded BIOS, but I wanted to check with you because I tried that key, the one on the bottom of the system and the one that he had with the disc and they all failed.

I'm just a little paranoid about formatting the tablet if this isn't going to work since I need the system on a daily basis and formatting the drive will temporarily lock out the recovery partition until you install some of their crap software that modifies the MBR.

(Oh, I'm about to try making an iso that's a fresh disc with just the setupp.ini and oembios files and not put in the driverpacks, to see if that works.)

Any suggestions would be great.

kmaheshkumar

kmaheshkumar

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
i am using assembled pcs in our lab and i am using registered version of windows xp only, what is the perfect method to make the windows as pre-activated
plz help me for this

ZaForD

ZaForD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
@Archigos,

I won't discuss editing the 'setupp.ini' file here as I think its agasint the forum rules.
But I'd use the 'setupp.ini' from the orignal machine along with the OEMBIOS files and winnt.sif collected with the scripts. As they all come from the orginal machine they should all work. ;)

@kmaheshkumar,

If by "assembled pcs" you mean PC's that you or someone eles have assembled.
You can't pre-active them.
You can only pre-activate pre-assembled OEM machines bought from 'Royality OEMs' like Compaq, Dell or HP.

kmaheshkumar

kmaheshkumar

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

@kmaheshkumar,

If by "assembled pcs" you mean PC's that you or someone eles have assembled.
You can't pre-active them.
You can only pre-activate pre-assembled OEM machines bought from 'Royality OEMs' like Compaq, Dell or HP.

thanx for giving reply

Madeye

Madeye
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hi! I've got a License from a Toshiba computer I got on Ebay, I installed and activated it by telephone, using the key from the COA sticker. It worked.

But, now that I had to reinstall XP a couple of times I get tired of phoning Microsoft each f***ing time I reinstalled Windows XP :angry:

The problem is, I had to build a home cd from my recovery cd, using the instructions on http://www.neowin.ne...hp/t219260.html and http://forums.techgu...on-cd-your.html
(because my system is no Toshiba Notebook, but I own only the license. This is LEGAL - I looked it up, and Microsoft doesn't deny it!)
I could install and activate it correctly!

But now I read in this thread that I could create a pre-activated cd, I reinstalled the recovery on a free partition and created the files
OEMBIOS.CA_
OEMBIOS.BI_
OEMBIOS.DA_
OEMBIOS.SI_
with the great script on this cd, creating the Winnt.sif with the Jellybean keyfinder from the recovered partition.

I used the I386-folder from the recovery partition and copied the above files over them.

I burned the cd installed the cd without problems BUT I STILL HAT TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS :realmad:

In another thread it said to include the files
DPCDLL.DL_
OEMBIOS.BI_
OEMBIOS.CA_
OEMBIOS.DA_
OEMBIOS.SI_
PIDGEN.DLL
SETUPP.INI
SETUPREG.HIV
(and maybe the OOBEINFO.IN_)
from the oiriginal cd, but these are already there in the i386 folder on the recovered Toshiba partition!

Should I maybe create them the same way I created the oembios-files ?

Thanx very much for your help!!! :hello:

Madeye

Madeye
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hi :hello:

I now found out what thw problem was / is.

First, as you may know or not, in Europe it's perfectly legal to buy OEM licenses and install the xp on a different system, than that which the OEM license is from...it may not be so in the USA. It is legal as long as it is only installed once and you got the COA key sticker and CD and booklet.

So, now I got a legal xp home that was activated correctly many times on my PC, never any prob with that when calling Microsoft愀 Activation Hotline. The first time, after buying the license and cd I had to answer the usual two questions: 1. is this an OEM license - yes, 2. on how many systems is it installed - 1.

Since then I've installed xp on my system many times and have been able to activate correctly after - recently I formatted 10 GB less on my hard drive when installing and created a second partition with the rest of the system and use the FREEWARE TOOL http://www.drivesnap....de/en/down.htm : Now this is the BEST software for creating backups I've ever encountered:

1. it is only one single, small file
2. You can make a backup of you Windows or Linux system while WORKING:
we even made backups of file servers while they were up and running in the network - never any problem recovering those!
3. The program lets you backup your system for a number of days (I think 30) but from then on you may always RESTORE the system!

Just use the rescue disk described on the homepage or build a Bart's PE or rescue CD. (With BARTS PE snapshot only lets you recover files ON A HARDDISK)

I think it is even better than TrueImage and other programs, because it is free and so easy to use!! Try it :hello:

I still think it obnoxious to have to activate my xp each time after installing it, but there seems to be no way to skip the SLP bios check in a legal way, and I want t have a legally activated CD -- I mean, that's what I bought it for.

I used Windows 2000 for a number of years and never had to activate, so I think the xp activation sucks!! :angry:

Because my PC doesn't have a SLP-recognized bios the pre-activation won't ever work on my PC - or so it seems. Do you know any way to pass the BIOS lock for regular PCs?

Edited by Madeye, 16 March 2008 - 07:37 AM.

andrewwan1980

andrewwan1980

• Members
  • 26 posts
Just curious whether this should work on chinese windows xp systems?

My winnt.sif file came out like:

CScript 錯誤: 無法為 Script "C:\getfiles\getkey.vbs"找到 Script 引擎 "VBScript" 。

so am not sure whether the OEMBIOS.* files came out okay :S

Bezalel

Bezalel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Just curious whether this should work on chinese windows xp systems?

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work but it might be getting messed up due to your regional settings. Try changing the settings to EN-US.

Zio Razio

Zio Razio
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hi all.
First let me say Great Job for this guide
Second I need a little help with HP recovery cd.
HP sells pc with HP restore DVD plus (Done with Microsoft Desktop Deployment kit) and cd with OS(Vista or XP).
Now If Explore the OS cd (windows Xp professional Italian SP2) I see that there is another folder called ITWXP32p_ZX and under this folder there is a Windows\System32 folder which contains oembios.sig, oembios.bin and oembios.dat.
I tried your method but It still ask for activation... maybe I can use files stored into the folder above?

Thanks for the answer

Raziolo

Bezalel

Bezalel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Hi all.
First let me say Great Job for this guide
Second I need a little help with HP recovery cd.
HP sells pc with HP restore DVD plus (Done with Microsoft Desktop Deployment kit) and cd with OS(Vista or XP).
Now If Explore the OS cd (windows Xp professional Italian SP2) I see that there is another folder called ITWXP32p_ZX and under this folder there is a Windows\System32 folder which contains oembios.sig, oembios.bin and oembios.dat.
I tried your method but It still ask for activation... maybe I can use files stored into the folder above?

Thanks for the answer

Raziolo

HP does weird things with their recovery sets. The best option is to run mgadiag and post the report and the CRC32 of your OEMBIOS.CAT.

Zio Razio

Zio Razio
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your suggestion Bezabel :)
Here is the MGADIAG

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0110.1):
-----------------------------------------
WGA Data-->
Validation Status: Genuine
Validation Code: 0
Online Validation Code: N/A
Cached Validation Code: N/A
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2MDY9-F6J9M-K42BQ
Windows Product Key Hash: jY+nlE0RT38EEXpeUqSdQPABSQc=
Windows Product ID: 76435-OEM-2211906-00101
Windows Product ID Type: 2
Windows License Type: OEM SLP
Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
ID: {A8CB23E6-DBD7-45F7-8412-9E0418A89282}(3)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.69.2
Signed By: Microsoft
Product Name: N/A
Architecture: N/A
Build lab: N/A
TTS Error: N/A
Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1_E2AD56EA-761-d003_E2AD56EA-762-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005_E2AD56EA-761-8009_E2AD56EA-762-2f0d_E2AD56EA-148-80004005_16E0B333-89-80004005_78155E4D-221-80004005
Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A
Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WGATray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 100 Genuine
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 100 Genuine
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-153-80070002_7E90FEE8-203-80070002_025D1FF3-171-1_E2AD56EA-761-d003_E2AD56EA-762-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005_E2AD56EA-761-8009_E2AD56EA-762-2f0d_E2AD56EA-148-80004005_16E0B333-89-80004005_B4D0AA8B-1174-80004005_FA827CE6-153-8007007e_FA827CE6-180-8007007e

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: proxy2.seicos.it:8080
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Programmi\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Allowed
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{A8CB23E6-DBD7-45F7-8412-9E0418A89282}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0110.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-K42BQ</PKey><PID>76435-OEM-2211906-00101</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1005927261-3298836489-3859011885</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>786F1 v01.04</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20070718000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Compaq,Hewlett,Hewlett,Compaq</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>B57D36970184CE7B</HWID><UserLCID>0410</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0410</SystemLCID><TimeZone>ora solare Europa occidentale(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Hewlett-Packard Company</name><model>HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor</model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110410-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>28A86EB48E4F500</Val><Hash>w8DNLIFbCGZ0wMELpX5qWaJFGns=</Hash><Pid>73964-640-8518686-57443</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Licensing Data-->
N/A

HWID Data-->
N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
BIOS string matches: yes
Marker string from BIOS: 5C19:Compaq Computer Corporation|117BC:Compaq Computer Corporation|1FFEA:Compaq Computer Corporation|A0D8:Compaq Computer Corporation|117E3:Compaq Computer Corporation|117E3:Compaq Computer Corporation|1FFEA:Hewlett-Packard Company|A0D8:Hewlett-Packard Company
Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: Compaq,Hewlett,Hewlett,Compaq

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
N/A

Hope it can help :)

andwan0

andwan0

• Members
  • 26 posts
Anyone in this thread still have an old Dell OEM XP Vanilla CD?

Flatcap

Flatcap
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Hi

I have most Dell OEM Vanilla CD's, which one are you after?

andwan0

andwan0

• Members
  • 26 posts

Hi

I think all Dell OEM Vanilla CDs are essentially the same. As long as there's no service pack 1a or 2 or 3 on it.

Can you make an ISO (Alcohol 120% is best) for me please that would be very grateful.

Flatcap

Flatcap
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Hi

I think all Dell OEM Vanilla CDs are essentially the same. As long as there's no service pack 1a or 2 or 3 on it.

Can you make an ISO (Alcohol 120% is best) for me please that would be very grateful.

I have gone through and all my original Dell XP Pro CD's are service packed, but I have got an original Dell XP Home CD if that's any use to you?

atuluchi

atuluchi
  • Members
  • 1 posts

So if I have a bunch of OEM machines(Dell, HP, Gateway, etc), and I'm creating an image for those machines, I can use the Product Key located in their WINNT.SIF from the Recovery CD instead of the Key on the sticker?

In that case you already have to OEMBIOS files. And yes you can use the key in winnt.sif as long as your target machine will pass the BIOS check.

You cannot use the same image for multiple manufacturers and still preserve the activation. (I'm working on that but am not ready to discuss any details.)

Have you completed your multi oem cd preactivated if yes send this on torrent or guide us how to do this Unique Job

kd6aaj

kd6aaj

• Members
  • 27 posts
Bezalel or anyone else,

Do you know how to show the Product ID of the installation?

EXAMPLE: find XP Product ID from Digital ProductID or some other way and output PID, like 55274-OEM-0011903-00102 for Dell?

I'm just trying to be able to get the XP PID from the rigistry, a reg file or other files, instead of having to run MGA.EXE or something else.

Thanks.

Bezalel

Bezalel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Bezalel or anyone else,

Do you know how to show the Product ID of the installation?

EXAMPLE: find XP Product ID from Digital ProductID or some other way and output PID, like 55274-OEM-0011903-00102 for Dell?

I'm just trying to be able to get the XP PID from the rigistry, a reg file or other files, instead of having to run MGA.EXE or something else.

Thanks.

Just use the Win32_WindowsProductActivation WMI Class.

kd6aaj

kd6aaj

• Members
  • 27 posts

Just use the Win32_WindowsProductActivation WMI Class.

Thanks!

Unfortunately my coding isn't that advanced yet. All I can do is compile code, not write it yet. Someday I want to learn. I have Borland C++ 5.5 FREE version.

I came up with a quick-and-dirty method of getting the ProductID from a running installation.

I use a MSDOS batch file that saves the HKLM\SOFTWARE\MOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT registry key to a .reg file.

Then I can later examine it, and view the whole ProductID showing the version of windows installed,service patch, oem SLP info, etc.

I finally (after many hours experimenting with other peoples code) got my batch file to save the name as a user input variable with date and time.

For some reason the command line in XP won't accept the code, but it works when I just run the batch file. I think it has tho do with echoing all the text in the XP command line environment.

Anyone intersted in my batch file? I won't post it unless you are.

dannypritchett01

dannypritchett01
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Bezalel youre the man! I have been wanting to make a custom XP MCE (Unfortunatly this pc came with 2002 and I have yet to find someone with 2005 that will let me have a copy so I am updated) clean install. This computer is a Compaq Presario SR2013WM that I bought for my grandfather. When I do clean installs for him it installs junk and virus scanners that are out of date. I was wanting a freshly made cd or dvd to use for his pc where I could always have it available if he needs to restore his computer. He barely ever uses the computer so while doing so I managed to save his favorites and have them copied over using oem folders.

My question is this before I burn the disk as I am running low on disks at the moment. I copied his i386 directory out of his C:\Windows\i386 which I assume is so if windows ever needs files its located on the hard disk. I however had to get the other files and directories from a 32bit edition. My pc is a 64 bit pc so I assume so is this windows mce i386 folder. Will this work?

• Members
  • 2 posts

I've put together two files that can be used to make a pre-activated CD if all you got with your computer is a restore CD you will also need access to an OEM hologram CD for the rest of the files. Put the following files in the same folder

See Bezalel Post for original code on Page 1

getfiles_key.vbs
' Backup/Get OEMBIOS Files & create a basic windows answer file (winnt.sif)
' WinNT: XP
' Author: 38956
'            This script is based on "Bezalel" scripts on the MSFN Forum
'             ( URL: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/63258-building-a-pre-activated-cd-from-an-existing-installation/ )
'  21110112.3 - 09:53 Zulu

Dim objFSO, objShell
Dim strXPKey

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'// Functions: GetKey(rpk) 
'//
'// Credit where credit is due - I found this script posted by user "Bezalel" on MSFN Forum
'// ( URL: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/63258-building-a-pre-activated-cd-from-an-existing-installation/ )
'// and used it here to retrieve the windows product key:

strXPKey = objShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName")
If Len(strXPKey) > 0 Then
 Function GetKey(rpk)
  Const rpkOffset=52:i=28
  szPossibleChars="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
  Do
    dwAccumulator=0 : j=14
    Do
      dwAccumulator=dwAccumulator*256
      dwAccumulator=rpk(j+rpkOffset)+dwAccumulator
      rpk(j+rpkOffset)=(dwAccumulator\24) and 255
      dwAccumulator=dwAccumulator Mod 24
      j=j-1
    Loop While j>=0
    i=i-1 : szProductKey=mid(szPossibleChars,dwAccumulator+1,1)&szProductKey
    if (((29-i) Mod 6)=0) and (i<>-1) then
      i=i-1 : szProductKey="-"&szProductKey
    End If
  Loop While i>=0
  GetKey=szProductKey
 End Function
End If

set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If Not objFSO.FolderExists(".\OEMBIOS") Then
        set objFolderOEMBIOS = objFSO.CreateFolder(".\OEMBIOS")
    End If
    If Not objFSO.FolderExists(".\OEMBIOS\i386") Then
        set objFolderi386 = objFSO.CreateFolder(".\OEMBIOS\i386")
    End If

objShell.Run "cmd /c attrib -s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT /L .\OEMBIOS\i386 & attrib +s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.BIN /L .\OEMBIOS\i386 & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.DAT /L .\OEMBIOS\i386 & makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.SIG /L .\OEMBIOS\i386"

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set winntsif = fso.OpenTextFile(".\OEMBIOS\i386\winnt.sif", 2, True)

winntsif.WriteLine "[UserData]"
  winntsif.WriteLine "ProductKey=" & chr(34) & GetKey(objShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId")) & chr(34)
  winntsif.WriteLine "[Data]"
  winntsif.WriteLine "MSDosInitiated=0"
  winntsif.WriteLine "UnattendedInstall=Yes"

Edited by 38956, 20 February 2011 - 11:11 AM.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
Many thanks Bezalel for your nice scripts!

I know it's an old thread but I would like to share a workaround when some trouble happen with computers using Hyper Threading technology.

In fact to install Windows XP and all the files needed for the silent installation we need 8 files for Hyper Threading computers.

I improved your batch file to do easely this job:

GetFiles.bat
attrib -s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
attrib +s %SystemRoot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.BIN
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.DAT
makecab %SystemRoot%\system32\OEMBIOS.SIG
echo.
REM For computers with Hyperthreading technology
REM Set all these 8 files inside your distribution folder I386
if exist %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386 goto :next
if errorlevel 1 goto :getkey
echo.
:next
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS (1).DA_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS (2).SI_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS (3).BI_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
xcopy %SystemDrive%\WINDOWS\I386\"-OEMBIOS.CA_" /g /h /y "%~dp0"
echo. 
:getkey
cscript //nologo getkey.vbs > winnt.sif
goto :exit
:exit

After we can set all these files inside our distribution folder (I386) and replace existing ones!.

HTH
Thanks and regards

Edited by myselfidem, 05 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN