Also Ideas for more program downloads list here

robsnettrek

^ Ditto that. If the application developer decided to make some kind of memory optimizer crap, that person doesn't know squat about programming. You optimize the page file by disabling it completely. It's that simple.

Anyway here's the final version, I made it the day I announced it but just now got around to reformatting a computer and testing it. Last time I installed it, it didn't install, probably because Windows was half-installed 3 times and it already had WinRAR on one of them. I don't blame it.

It uses the suggested /S (silent) switch, and to execute that switch I use a silent, temporary self-extracting RAR archive to do so.

http://www.hostfile.org/ProgramAddons_WinRAR351.cab

Enjoy!

Both versions please. I'm sure it's dead simple anyway.

metapad 3.51

metapad 3.51 LE

http://welcome.to/metapad/

I will challenge anyway to integrate this as a replacement for Notepad - now figure that one out. It would save me disabling File Protection and deleting/renaming metapad to Notepad etc. I challenge anyone to work it out and save me messing about. ;)

Cheers in advance.

Edited by Keyser Soze

I just remove notepad with nLite and stick metapad(renamed) in two dirs.

Win2k Sp4\$oem$\$$

Win2k Sp4\$oem$\$$\system32

Where "Win2k Sp4" is the dir that contains your i386 dir. $$ actually "becomes" your windows directory during install.

Too many options? Whoa, what's changed since I last saw it? :o

Hmm.

I still don't like the 7-zip file format though. It kinda alienates you from the rest of the Internets, that are using RAR and Zip. Seems kinda weird. But you may just have convinced me to give it another try, just based on the "too many options" part. :P

this file and .msi file should go to same folder, then just select the .ini file in nlite

should work

ENTRIES_Foldersize.INI

[general]

builddate=2006/02/03

description=FolderSize

language=English

title=FolderSize

version=2.2

website=http://foldersize.sourceforge.net

[EditFile]

I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram

[AddProgram]

msiexec /QB /I FolderSize-2.2.msi

anyway, here is the .cab file :)

FolderSize

Information: website

Version: 2.2

Credit: Weed

Size: 143KB

Main: DownLoad

I made an add-on some of you might like. Because all installers were not switchless and Foldersize is an msi I chose to bundle them and used a different method for 'un-switching' the installers. I just included a .cmd. I don't realy care about eye-candy, but because some people do I also included a minimizer in it, so that it isn't in your face all the time.

It is tested with Windows 2000 and has one - apparently unfixable - bug; the TweakUI uninstaller doesn't work.

Just run

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultUnInstall 132 %WINDIR%\Inf\Tweakui.inf

to uninstall manually.

Download: Rapidshare

MD5: 33FFB56E6F9CFA7D207823B842F70F3F

Edited by ZcWorld

• 4 months later...

i will look in to making some of these soon

NOTE :::

most of the addons here are filled so .. just have a search of the forum and you will find them

** Topice has being clean up ******