Also Ideas for more program downloads list here

robsnettrek

Well, I do not need everything, I just wanted to patch the original XP files (replace icons/bitmaps etc. using reshacker) - the rest of the transformations, such as cursors, theme, background etc. can be integrated relatively easily.

Anyway, what are you thinking? Talk to me boooggy!

Cheers,

James

x

Information: info

Version: 3.5.4.0

Size: 918 KB (940,198 bytes)

Main: download

Alternate: n/a

MD5: C76081F25B28907E69753EE07102A021

This is RogueSpear's silent installer cabed, I have not got any permission from RogueSpear to repackage his file.... please let me know if you want me to remove the link

LOL hey I'm littered with smileys, please and thankyous, and other pleasantries - no problems here. No reason for that comment from mad mattx whatsoever, just plain rude. A nice guy would see that and apologise but I'm not holding out or bothered...one good thing came out of it, mad mattx took on board the information for addons with a polite notice in light of the comment.

Edited by diddykong

People are posting my stuff all over the place and for the most part it doesn't bother me, furthermore there isn't really anything I could do about it if for some reason I did want to be Grinch. But it is nice when somebody bothers to ask. The whole reason I make the installers, well besides for my own use, is to make life a little easier for others.

mad_mattx PMed me and I said it's fine. The only thing I ever ask of people is that they link back to the originating thread so that people can get any of the particulars regarding the install, like where it installs to, shortcut creation, and the like).

Hmm... the performance hit should be no greater than a standard XP installation using the Luna theme - it certainly should not 'crawl'.

Furthermore, patching the files prior to installation and opting to add the extra software/tweaks ourself should also result in improved performance overall.

Cheers,

James

first run the installer and pick the .msi file from your temp folder and rename it to acronis.msi

then make a silent installer using the instructions found in here: http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67

this is the way the config.txt should look:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="msistub Acronis.msi ADDLOCAL=ALL PIDKEY=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx /qb-! /norestart"
;!@InstallEnd@!

then make the addon using instructions from here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63596

the end.

I'm highly disappointed someone feels 7-zip is crap. That developer does anything but make crap. 7-zipping is loads faster than RAR'ing and has smaller results, though uses more memory. I don't need an interface since interfaces are only used by newbies. :D

Anyway, the dev also made a memory page optimizer for newer windows versions. Never turn down boosted performance. :thumbup

Hi to all :hello:.

I need a system to integrate my visual styles (I don't know if it's better to zip them for the add-on, giving conventional names i.e. vstyle1.zip, vstyle2.zip, etc.) in the %systemroot%\Resources\Themes folder.

Thanks B).

Bye

Edited by Puma

for a number of reasons I try to avoid using SP2. this leaves me with the problem I cannot integrate dotnetfx2.0 in my nlite-cd. I would need to run a microsoft windows installer 3.1 or 3.0 BEFORE the dotnetfx2.0 triggers. I guess putting the switchless installer in the list of hotfixes before the dotnetfx2.0 would do the trick...anyone already solved this one?