Mobo recommendations solicited

LS_Dragons

Hello all ----- I want to 'roll my own' replacement for the Compaq Dual P-III workstation I currently use as my primary system. I have built several 1P systems using ASUS boards. Can anyone recommend the BEST dual processor motherboard to use in a new project?:)

many thanks ---- LS

I have always liked Abit...they have some really good stuf...and i know they have a dual p3 board. But befor i can recomend a board..what style of ship are they? Slot1 or socket360?

On the the dual 360..i would go with the VP6 while on the slot i dont believe that Abit has one.

the site is

http://www.abit.com.tw/

another company you might wanna look at is Tyan..they have some good stuff too.

another word of wisdom...the VP6 is based on the VIA chip set..im not sure if the majority of dual boards are....but the VIa chip set has been known to have problems with Xp...so befor you buy..look around or maybe wiat for a bios update for Xp to come out!

goodluck!

-drew

both amb and elite had thier mobos blow up on them and they where quite newish too ROFL ( did xperties listen? nooo.. he went a bought one, i await its death so i can say "told u so..") :spaced :) [/quote:9cd5dc0836]

Tris, are you talking about Asus or Abit?

If you speak of Abit..thats strange...becasue all 3 boards i have an have run fine!

-drew