XPize 4.2 BETA 2

XPero

XPize 4.2 MCE BETA 2

This was not planned to be released today since I have still some things to add untill final release. But well, I know some of you will get happy with this and thats enough ;)

What's new in 4.2 Beta 2:

Files:

- Added wscui.cpl (Security Center 128x128 support)

- msgina.dll moved to Extras as "Shutdown & Logoff Screen"

Resources:

- Modified icon 161 in shell32.dll

Extras:

- Royale install skipped if MCE detected

- QuickTime custom icons skipped if QuickTime not installed

- Improved most of the custom icons

- New Screen Saver (simpler but smaller and no flickering)

XPize Reloader:

- Keeps track of the custom icons

- Individual selection of visual style, cursor, wallpaper and custom icons

Switches:

- /nomsgina (skips installation of "Shutdown & Logoff Screen")

XPize Menu:

- An All in One application with related XPize info, web links and common tasks

Installer:

- Option to add XPize Settings to the Control Panel

- Option to add XPize OEM branding information

- Removed unnecessary step in installation of files (it should run faster now)

Uninstaller:

- The restoration of the visual style also applies to Classic Style

- If visual style before XPize is missing, restoration skipped

- Cleans obsolete XPize related registry keys

Important Notes:

- The XPize website with be updated with the new info when this version gets final

Download

Merry Christmas to all of you :hello:

First things first. Man you do not cease to surprise . Nice release.

Do not know if it was there before or i noticed it the first time , but liked the usual final or finish button being named Xpize

And i do not know what happened i failed in looking for it or skipped it , But no office 2003 files being updated. I think i saw it in 4.2 beta 1.

But cool stuff. Thanks.

The "XPize" button instead of "Install" is new :) Office 2003 icons are patched only in full version (not Lite). It adds 128x128 size support to Office icons. It does not change their look.

Edited by XPero

The "XPize" button instead of "Install" is new
Gosh its so wonderful that it came to notice the first time itself.
Office 2003 icons are patched only in full version (not Lite)

Even last time i had the lite pack and i saw the office icons in that. How come? may be i would have made a mistake.

It adds 128x128 size support to Office icons. It does not change their look

Lol does not matter then. i use only 32x32. But when can i expect the frontpage icon then? are you going to get it in Xpize even the lite pack.

A nice release. Liked the Xpize menu. May be you could rename the Xpize settings to Xpize tweaker. Tweaker seems to be more the better name. Also the nice upgradement of the reloader is welcome.

Great work Xpero! Now you can have a nice christmas and new year break and we can return with the final release.

Sorry to spoil Christmas but there are problems in Windows 2003 R2. Just installed it, no warnings during install but... all Administrative Tools are looking like in the pic below. :( I can't also work from menus. Is there any detailed log I could check or post here?

post-23384-1135457789_thumb.png

Edited by maska

maska:

Look for the logs of the following files in C:\WINDOWS\XPize\Logs and send them to me. Thanks

certmgr.dll

ciadmin.dll

comres.dll

devmgr.dll

dfrgres.dll

dmdlgs.dll

dmdskres.dll

els.dll

filemgmt.dll

inetmgr.dll

gpedit.dll

mmc.exe

mycomput.dll

odbcad32.exe

odbcint.dll

oledb32.dll

sysmon.ocx

wsecedit.dll

Edited by XPero

First of all: Merry Christmas!

Thanks a lot XPero for the christmas presents and another great release of XPize!

A few things:

- I don't have inetmgr.dll on my XP Media Center Edition either, but everything works fine.

- The new screensaver seems not to work. The small preview in the control panel shows the saltshaker but full screen I get the standard Windows XP screensaver instead.

- IMO the XPize Menu is useless.

- Maybe you can add a selection to the installer wether to add XPize to the Start Menu or not.

- The shared folder icon in filemgmt.dll and shrpubw.exe have thick borders for the large icon (all the other large folder icons have thin borders), and the small icon is in perspective (all the other small folder icons are straight).

- In Paint, on the right side of the rectangular selection button on the toolbar, there are some pixels that belong to the eraser. So the eraser icon is 1 column to wide on the left side in the long bitmap of buttons. Also the shape of the eraser is a bit irregular on the front. Some of the bitmaps are not really centered in the buttons on the toolbar. I'm really picky here, you might have to zoom in to see this.

post-57426-1135523939_thumb.png

Edited by flupke

Strange, all logs show commands completed. Anyone knows the difference between Admin Tools in Windows 2003 R2 and XP? May THIS have something to do?

Yes. MMC 3 is integrated in windows 2003 r2. I had the same problem when i installed mmc 3 ot windows xp sp2. So there is realy someting messed up :wacko::whistle:

A million thanks from all the users of your hard work.

A feature request:

As you have added extra features in the Beta 2 version and a lot of check boxes,

is it possible to create a "CFG File" to save having to check those items.

If the CFG was in the same folder/drive as the main file that would be perfect.

Again, thanks

:thumbup:thumbup