[Help] - Kazaa

redder

i have a problem here, my net's been down for about a month and when it came back kazaa no longer connected itself, i have no firewall and windows xp firewall is off, what could the problem be?

Moved to Software Hangout

--Zxian

:hello: maybe off topic but WTF? no firewall at all is wild lol, you sure are a brave guy with balls of steel 4 sure, oh BTW..................... happy christmas, and that goes 4 rest of you guys here on msfn, maybe bring our guys home from shady iraq will make it an even happier xmas (again maybe off topic but hey i had to say it) lol......... have a good 1 lads, thanks, twista

i have a problem here, my net's been down for about a month and when it came back kazaa no longer connected itself, i have no firewall and windows xp firewall is off, what could the problem be?

Like the other guys said its probably the ports you were used to have been

turned off by your ISP...then again you might want to check your machine if

you've been running without any kind of Firewall at ALL and see if the issue

might be a virus or piece of spyware. Have you purchased\used any SONY

cds in your computer lately?

And last but not least try checking in your options or preferences to see if

there is an option to 'randomize' the port you're using in kazaa. Or maybe try

using an alternative like Shareazza or Gnucleus instead of spyware ridden trash

like kazaa...I haven't used the program since they shutdown k-lite which was

IMHO the only good version of the program.

Good luck and happy file shares!

--iWindoze

Try reinstalling kazaa first, and if you love kazaa and won't change to another file sharing software, try kazaa lite. If this doesn't work (reinstalling) then go with limewire, ares, napster, or forget all these and go with torrents. :thumbup

Torrents now dominate something like 50% of p2p today. All the other "connect to the network/server" type things are dead or dying. BitComet / uTorrent / Azureus are the top 3 preferred BitTorrent clients from what I've read/heard.

µtorrent got it's popularity due to being so small and fact it doesn't need to be installed. It maxed out my upload which is good but doesn't download as quick as bittornado. With bittornado i found that if i let it go on auto it would eventually stop uploading and download the files at my max download