Shuttle with SATA drive no Floppy

Kitty

I have a shuttle with SATA HDD and no floppy all attmpts to slipstream the drivers with XPpro have failed and two people have directed me here for help.

What is the best thing for me to do I am not used to hacking XP so followed online instructions to hack the last attempt.

I have now attached a floppy drive but still cannot install drivers I have raid enabled but if when it comes up I pres f4 it tells me I havent enough HDD to use raid seems I need two. Shuttle case only has room for one the other space is taken up by the already installed 6 in 1 card readers.

I am after any information that can help me install windows on this computer..I am about to return the motherboard to factory settings to start all over again, just feel like I have been hitting my head against a wall the last Sata HDD a Maxtor one was no problem at all.

Edited by Kitty

Hi Kitty and welcome to the forum.

I have the same SHUTTLE system as yourself, what I did was integrate the SATA drivers using nLite.

Download:

ftp://ftp.shuttle.com/Drivers/new/ft61/cd...ID%20Driver.zip

or click hereSilicom_Image_RAID_Driver.zip

Remove what you wish from XP and create the ISO, pop in your Drive and you should be done any more probs don't hesitate in asking.

M

Hi

I have downloaded new drivers I now have teh case off teh shuttle and a floppy drive fitted but it just will not accept the drivers for the SATA.

I can press f6 to select thirdparty drivers and the screen moves one to press f2 for Automated recovery. As I have never got an OS on the HDD there is nothing to recover. I have even tried to install windows 2000 and that has failed. I have disabled teh 6 in 1 card reader incase that is causing problems. Followed the step by step instructions from http://www.shuttle.com/share/fae/hq/faq/sf...T61G4%20XPC.htm and still everything stops at the blue screen Setup is loading files ( windows Executive) this stays you can leave it for hours and it never moves. Also noticed the HDD only flashes when its first booted up after that there is nothing.

Any help would be good if I go back to the shop they have told me they will tests the HDD and the motherboard if both pass I will be charged a percentage of what the goods cost for the tests and still be left with a system refusing to loadf an OS.

Thank you anoxan I have taken the shuttle apart again and I am have tried to install XP on it using the tower that is set up for SATA this failed to install aswell couldnt see the drive. I am at present running the ram on hte tower and its not let me down so ram is fine. Looks like the HDD is going back for testing.

Fitted the HDD into my tower and reformated it so I know its healthy. I can boot to post so cpu is fine ram is now in the tower and working so cant blame the ram.

Options are running out and I am clutching at straws

I have now attached a floppy drive but still cannot install drivers I have raid enabled but if when it comes up I pres f4 it tells me I havent enough HDD to use raid seems I need two. Shuttle case only has room for one the other space is taken up by the already installed 6 in 1 card readers.

I am after any information that can help me install windows on this computer..I am about to return the motherboard to factory settings to start all over again, just feel like I have been hitting my head against a wall the last Sata HDD a Maxtor one was no problem at all.

You want to turn the Silicon RAID option to disabled.

This might be why you cannot format the drive. It is looking for a RAID array when there isn't one.

The base Serial ATA drivers are built into WindowsXP

• 3 weeks later...

You want to turn the Silicon RAID option to disabled.

This might be why you cannot format the drive. It is looking for a RAID array when there isn't one.

The base Serial ATA drivers are built into WindowsXP

Tried both ways and I have since returned the shuttle to Aria they changed it for one that didn't support my CPU then refuinded the money. I have no got a new one