Icons

you should modify shell32.dll file using reshacker OR anyother resource editor......then find your specific icon to change in shell32.dll ..replace it with your icon....you have done!!!!...

if you want to apply all the icons on your customization pack....then it will be so hard to modify your shell32.dll file...caz it will take so much time to be modified...so just do one thing....1st install that customization pack into your current system.....then after applying it..copy your current shell32.dll file from SYSTEM32 directory....and apply modifype & makecab on it!!!

amit , i have done what you said installed the pack on my current system , copied the modyfied dll from system32 directory , i have copied those thems from Resources directory and where is the directory of icons ?????

Edited by bazilio

amit , i have done what you said installed the pack on my current system , copied the modyfied dll from system32 directory , i have copied those thems from Resources directory and where is the directory of icons ?????

shell32.dll is the main source of system icons....just copy that file from SYSTEM32....another source of icons is EXPLORER.EXE which is in WINDOWS directory ( explorer.exe contains icons of DESKTOP items like MY COMPUTER, MY NETWORK PLACES etc...while SHELL32.DLL contains icons for rest of all )

so just copy these both files after applying your pack....then modifype & makecab on it!!! and replace these both files with older one in your unattended windows cd's I386 Directory!!

You have done now :thumbup

But how do I install the "pack" when its only a bag of .ico files?

ummm...i think u should use any ICONS related software to change your current system icons...it iwll modify your SHELL32.DLL...then you can copy modified SHELL32.DLL !!!

• 2 weeks later...

shell32.dll is the main source of system icons....just copy that file from SYSTEM32....another source of icons is EXPLORER.EXE which is in WINDOWS directory ( explorer.exe contains icons of DESKTOP items like MY COMPUTER, MY NETWORK PLACES etc...while SHELL32.DLL contains icons for rest of all )

so just copy these both files after applying your pack....then modifype & makecab on it!!! and replace these both files with older one in your unattended windows cd's I386 Directory!!

can u give me the commands for that