All format Media Player

Mocht4R

I need an all format media player, or in this case, the best media player for my pc. I am currently using realplayer, but im not too happy about its performance. I'm not sure if winamp plays all formats, and i hate windows media player. So whats your opinion?

well VLC should play everything, but it doesnt always do the best job at it and has a poor gui and options. I use Media Player Classic with FFDshow, Quicktime + Real Alternative, and Conroes Directshow filterpack for all video and then XMPlay for all audio.

Excuse me, how to use VLC play real format video/audio?

I love VLC too, but can't use it play *.rm really bothers me. I've searched about this topic, but it seems VLC doesn't support realmedia yet and they never planed to support it either.

PS:

If VLC doesn't work, I use mplayer.

If mplayer doesn't work, I fallback to mplayerc + k-lite mega codec pack.

I need an all format media player, or in this case, the best media player for my pc. I am currently using realplayer, but im not too happy about its performance. I'm not sure if winamp plays all formats, and i hate windows media player. So whats your opinion?

Winamp won't play realmedia proper I think. My advice is to leave Real Player in place, install the realmedia splitter for DirectShow and then use any DS based player to view your files. There are tons of them. Some of the best (and free) are Media Player Classic and BSPlayer IMO. The latest I have discovered and that is very good is KMPlayer. You might want to try it as it includes several (many) splitters, including the realmedia and Quicktime ones, it can use in internal mode apparently without registering them to the system.

http://www.kmplayer.com/down/kmp.zip

• 2 weeks later...

well as far as my setup VLC rocks.in wmp10 i do include ffdshow and Xvid codec pack.btw @digerati i'm impressed with Xmplay kewl software.OFFTOPIC:where's repeat tab in XMplay if any?

EDIT:found it

Edited by Technoguy

Winamp won't play realmedia proper I think. My advice is to leave Real Player in place, install the realmedia splitter for DirectShow and then use any DS based player to view your files. There are tons of them. Some of the best (and free) are Media Player Classic and BSPlayer IMO. The latest I have discovered and that is very good is KMPlayer. You might want to try it as it includes several (many) splitters, including the realmedia and Quicktime ones, it can use in internal mode apparently without registering them to the system.

http://www.kmplayer.com/down/kmp.zip

i've been using it for a while .This is the best in my opinion and i've seen them all