Marvell ris error

I have an Intel motherboard with a Marvel nic. During the textmode portion of the install (when it is coping files) I receive a BSOD with:

File YK51x86.sys caused an unexpected error (21) at line 3903 in d:\srv03rtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c.c

Does anyone have any ideas?

This has been discussed before on the boards - you may want to search for "Marvell RIS" either here or on google. Basically, you're going to need to rewrite the .inf file to get it to work, and it isn't pretty. Marvell NICs are widely regarded as the absolute worst NICs to use for RIS, unfortunately.

If you download AutoRIS (even the "lite" version), you'll get working Marvell drivers for RIS. I personally modified the .INF and tested them. Well not so much tested as I HAD to get them working for a job. Short story is that they're there for the taking. Use the link in my signature.

@Cluberti, at least Marvell NICs are "RISable" in contrast to the utter and total failure I had in getting a SiS motherboard integrated NIC to even perform a PXE boot. It even said in a flashy colorful splash "PXE 2.0 Compliant!" And while I don't have any personal experience with them, it's to my understanding that nForce NICs are somewhere between difficult and impossible to use with RIS.

I agree with the nForce statement - one of my clients, who builds his own machines for his environment, has switched entirely to MSI boards based on the ATI Xpress 200 chipset due to the problems with nForce 3 and now 4 boards. The nForce 3 NICs were doable with some work, but the NICs on the nForce 4 boards have been impossible to get working via RIS, so they were finally out the door in favor of the (easy) realtek NICs on the MSI boards.