DirectMusic and Windows 2003 Server

Guest Papiertiger

Guest Papiertiger

Hi,

i've installed a Windows Server 2003 + SP1 and converted it to a workstation (following the howto, i've found here).

Everything works fine, except one thing. DirectMusic doesn't seem to be installed.

How can i add DirectMusic to my System? I've DirectX 9.0c installed and a SB!Live.

Thx,

Tiger

from the dxdiag.txt:

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that ...

Sound Tab 1: The file ctaud2k.sys is not digitally signed, which means that ...

Music Tab: No DirectMusic ports were found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

Is SP1 installed? With SP1 installed, DirectMusic is completely removed from the server. You are going to need to uninstall DirectX, and reinstall DirectX 9.0b (not 9.0c) to keep DirectMusic. Otherwise:

Use DirectX Happy Uninstall v3.4 (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4347.html) - not free

1. Boot into safe mode

2. Use "Backup/Restore" option in DirectX Happy Uninstall and select restore from CD - This puts Windows Server back to DirectX 8.1

3. Download the redist version of DirectX 9.0c, and extract the install files to a folder (do not install)

4. Use the "Backup/Restore" option in DirectX Happy Uninstall and select the "Install DirectX 9.0c for Windows Server 2003 SP1"

I've tried it (got it from somewhere else on the 'net, but I can't remember where) and it works. However, it'll likely be removed again with the next DX update, so don't lose these instructions ;).

Edited by cluberti

• 3 years later...