Gforce 6200 or FX 5200

master_mtz

hi guys ..

i need an urgent help ..

i want to buy a cheap VGA card .. what do u recomend me to Buy ... an FX or gfroce 6200 ??

and what r the kinds of the Gfroce 6200

i mean i the models

and which brand is the best (MSI, XFX , PixelView,...)

waiting answers :):D

I have an MSI 6200, bought it cos its fanless and performs well (better than 5200 i think, but has to be confirmed).

This said, i only play Nascar2003 and a few games from that time period, and mainly emulators...

(still, you can play far cry and HL2 with descent performance)

Any 6200 will beat the 5200. The GeForce 5 family is considered one of Nvidia's worst GFX family, so I wouldn't recommend buying it. Also 5200 performs similar to a GeForce 2, so if you really want one...:D

I'm kinda a cheap person myself so i bought myself the BFG geforce 5500 128mb card.. An the card is already OC'ed from the standard 270mhz core to 290mhz. Which isn't bad for $119 cnd..

If i had a bank account i could have gotten a 6600GT for $148cnd

Unless you're getting one from a friend for $35, I'd spend a little extra for the 6600GT. 6600GT is still a nextgen card and has 8 pipelines, if I'm not mistaken. The 52/62 will be obsolete with the next generation of games (unless you play at 800x600 without any details at all - and if that's the case then go XBOX or Playstation!).

Also, look for the 128 bit version!, both the 6200 and 6600 have 64 bit versions that suck a** when it comes to speed. The difference between them will only be 20 CAD$ but when you play games it will be a bigger difference ;)

Give us the link from the store and the budged you have, we will help you out,..

Edited by puntoMX