[Release] Live Messenger 8.5 final

Shark007

i thought that switchless installers came into play when an installer cant be executed silently. so i never use a switchless installer unless a setup cant be launched silently. i asked before because i was curious.

I don't use custom made installers either unless a setup can't be launched silently. I also have the patched files in an archive 7z file (together with a lot more). But this switchless installer is very nice. I don't use it for my uA, the 7z file is easier to update with the new patched files, but this installer is easy to send my own patched Messenger to friends and family :)

Here It Is... The Silent Switchless Installer for Windows Live Messenger 8.0.792

http://rapidshare.de/files/23968747/MSNMessenger.exe

It's called MSNMessenger.. but I am sure you mean Windows Live Messenger :)

BTW, is this the same as Shark007's switchless installer that allows you to replace the files with the A-Patched files?

EDIT: nope it isn't.. I don't know why you created this? It's identical to official installer with /qn or /qb.

This switchless installer is an editable package of Windows Live Messenger. (currently beta) v8.0.689 - DO NOT install this @ T-13/12/9 or the uninstall function will be broken.

You can easily upgrade this installer by REPLACING any current file with newer or hacked file(s). To update this installer take the newer/hacked files from an already installed machine and replace the files in this package. Re-create the 7zip selfextract exe using the /qb switch.

My updated release of an editable installer that you can substitute your hack files into wont be available till June 24.

shark

It is June 24 :P

Edited by ZileXa

It is June 24 :P
And now its the 25th, and its still not ready. This final version has some new 'quirks' not so easily ironed out. I'm working on it, and will keep you informed as to its availability.

shark

Thanks a lot! Just tested, seems to work fine just installing it normally.

Doesn't create shortcuts though... you can use the newest modified 7zS.sfx to do this. I added the 7zS.sfx and config.txt (for the Create_New_Installer.7z files) if you want to use it. Also this 7zS.sfx doesn't need msistub.exe anymore. But maybe it is necessary when installed from svcpack and that might be the reason you included it :)

check my new post for updated version.

Edited by ZileXa

Doesn't create shortcuts though...
On all my tests, shortcuts are created on the desktop and in the quicklaunch.

shark

I can verify that it does not create shortcuts. Also, I followed yor instructons to overwrite the files from your installer with my own patched files, and when I start up messenger (after everything is isntalled), it is not patched. Any ideas?? :)

perhaps the shortcut thing depends on the language of Windows.. cos they are really not created here. With the 7zS.sfx I use in the attached file of my previous post it creates the shortcut independently of the language... only set it to create the startmenu shortcut.

Shark, if i want to make an italian unattended installation of live msn, when you say "Place your patched files into the extracted package overwriting the existing files" ok easy but can i replace these files in italian language on your installation?

perhaps the shortcut thing depends on the language of Windows.. cos they are really not created here. With the 7zS.sfx I use in the attached file of my previous post it creates the shortcut independently of the language... only set it to create the startmenu shortcut.
Shark, if i want to make an italian unattended installation of live msn, when you say "Place your patched files into the extracted package overwriting the existing files" ok easy but can i replace these files in italian language on your installation?
This installer was designed using the ENGLISH version. I doubt it supports other languages since there is a different download available for each language.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Can we beg for multilingual versions? I'll supply requried files for turkish if u wanti
I have no idea if what i am about to suggest will work, but it is worth a try for non english users. 1st of all, the files MUST have the same filename as the files already in my installer. Next, replace ALL the files in the installer with your localized versions. Repack it, and try it.

shark

Edited by Shark007

Can we beg for multilingual versions? I'll supply requried files for turkish if u wanti
I have no idea if what i am about to suggest will work, but it is worth a try for non english users. 1st of all, the files MUST have the same filename as the files already in my installer. Next, replace ALL the files in the installer with your localized versions. Repack it, and try it.

shark

Unfortuneately there's no 792 version fot turkish. And we have only 787. And when i copy my files to your installer, And run the setup i got errors about 4 errors for

msgsc.8.0.0792.00.dll

msgrapp.8.0.0792.00.dll

fsshext.8.0.0792.00.dll

psmsong.8.0.0792.00.dll .

So i request a simple task. Rename those 792's to 787. And i think turkish installer will work.

Thank you for all your effors.