directCd is is now working with XP

tcc

YES directCD is now working with xp that lets you shut down properly.

what I did was just install easy cd creator on its own then without booting installed the 5.2b update then rebooted.

your easy cd creator should be working purfect.

then I downloaded from roxio site xp_up platinum.exe which is 1.9mb

then I added directCD (just directCD) don't reboot.

then install the xp_up platinum (REBOOT)

your easy cd creator and directCD should be working perfect and will shut down properly.

hope this bit of info help you all

Actually roxio was one of the companies that took the longest to post xp drivers.

Funny fact:

First day they posted the updates for users already running xp:

1 install the update and u'll be fine

then they changed thier minds and said. install 5.02 update then 5.1 update

now it's too funny.. they say install 5.1 update then 5.02 , then 5.1 again!

what I still don't get, roxio made the cd-r software in winxp.... and they couldn't get thier ezcd xp drivers out in time!!!!!!

When they first posted the updates, anyone can grab them, now you have to register. I think they didn't know how many poeple "use" thier software ... hahahahha

You know what, Im sick of this roxio crap. They put a patch out that is so dam s***ty. First they were the last to put one out...then they put this crappy update that half the people have problems with. Best advice....screw them, wait till the new version comes out. Oh trust me there will be one.

-XPerties

You know what, Im sick of this roxio crap. They put a patch out that is so dam s***ty. First they were the last to put one out...then they put this crappy update that half the people have problems with. Best advice....screw them, wait till the new version comes out. Oh trust me there will be one. [/quote:99e41feaf3]

Word up dude! :) i have delt with 3 people today that insist on using Roxion stuff....it messes stuff up guys...dont use it until they put a new verion for Xp

-drew

Funny how all this works! I can't find a darn firewall that doesn't screw me up somehow and everybody else seems to be doing fine but I have had absolutely no probs out of EZCD...works great!

Rick:eek:

My experience has been that ever since roxio was 'spun off' from adaptec - it has been downhill all the way. My real job is software related for a 'major' computer oem - a word to the wise is that my employer as well as other 'majors' are seriously looking at Nero to replace Roxio as SW bundled with CD-RW drives etc. I have seen Nero's new wizard based product - SWEEEEEEET! Not sure of release dates, but will update the msfn community when dates known. Roxio is all about marketing now and not engineering.

LS

nero is good, it came with one of my CD-RWs...

at first try I ended up making CDs that only worked in Cd-RWs...

for the longest of time was having some issues with nero ..

then when xp came along.. I hated roxio's laziness of releasing an update thus became a greater fan of nero...

but I must admit I prefer ezcd.... simple reason: it's pweety and does the job

:) :blueteam

Note: I totally agree with LS_Dragons... Adaptec took care of thier baby much better than roxio :mad: