Microsoft Office 12 Professional Beta

tkmadison

Office 12 Beta is faster than ever, the interface is cool as well as easy to use.

Excel is changed a lot.

Also you can save as pdf, (goodbye Adobe).

The final version definitely will be the best in Office Suite.

Pawan

nothing so far but i will test some longer documents, how long was the one you were working with? also was it in word?

questions to those who setup office on server, was anyone able to get office up and running on 5270 longhorn? i couldn't get teh asp.net part to load in IIS7

I sure hope it's better then Office 2003, because that version really sucks!!! 2003 has a lot of bugs and the Outlook layout is terrible!

that may be true but it gets the job done

Edited by wolf74481

I used office 2k3 for a while and I really enjoyed using it. Very fast. But now I am using OpenOffice because it had the save to pdf feature and it is free so I dont feel guilty about bumming the copy of 2k3 from my friend and you know I quite like Openoffice. It is a bit clunky to start and so on but it gets the job done. I dont think it is just worth spending hundreds and hundreds on Office suites anymore considering there is a free version out that saves to pdf and so on. It does almost everything that 2k3 does for me...being a home user it is a no brainers choice to use OOo. But if you are in a corporate environment I would not be too sure to use OOo.

• 4 weeks later...

I tested Office 2K3 but it got some bugs and I had to uninstall, so continued using Office XP. Simple but useful. I downloaded Office 12 but couldn't install because the "osetup.dll" wasn't digitally signed. So I'm still using Office XP until I get a full working version of Office 12, but in the screenshots the interface is GREAT! I really want to test this version, but I'm not a beta tester.

oh, ok, you're right this is illegal, but I've seen some special things here that I would considerate as illegal, but nothing happens. As I'm not giving any link or asking anyone to download the full program, I don't see problems in sharing one file. Maybe I'm wrong, and I think I'm wrong, but it depends on the people. But ok, I really don't have to ask anything (you think everything is illegal, so I can do nothing) else. Thanks for cooperation... and I think Office XP is easy to use and better than 2K3, by the way...

Edited by victor_008