Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows XP Updates Downloader

- - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
I ran it a bunch of times and it looks good but I'll test it in a VM : updates for XP SP1 are not the same than the one I had.

So I can't pronounce myself without a VM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tzeentch

tzeentch

• 19 posts

And what if I write "include common.cfg" in xpsp2.cfg ? :D

Haha, true, don't try this at home ;)

ATM I have two comments:
-don't exit the script directly, first say "job done" or something else.
-could you write how many updates have been downloaded at a moment. Thanks. smile.gif

Hmm, I was sure I added a msg like "Finished. Cleaning up" or sth. I'll check that.
Regarding how many updates downloaded, do you mean the ones that were actually downloaded? eg. apart from the ones that were already there?

I ran it a bunch of times and it looks good but I'll test it in a VM : updates for XP SP1 are not the same than the one I had.

Yes, I know, Bilou mentioned sth about this as well. I've just ran a test with a VM, I downloaded the hotfixes, integrated them on to the iso, installed, and after installation windows update still had few updates to download. I'll have to check that but after a brief look I think the ones that it offered were the non-critical ones, or whatever you call them. On many lists they are considered 'additional'. It just seems they are not included in mssecure. I'm not sure though why Windows Installer is one of them. To be honest when I started this project I thought MS puts ALL their updates in the mssecure file. It seems it's not entirely the case. I'll definitely see what I can find out about it.

:D

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

ATM I have two comments:
-don't exit the script directly, first say "job done" or something else.
-could you write how many updates have been downloaded at a moment. Thanks. smile.gif

Hmm, I was sure I added a msg like "Finished. Cleaning up" or sth. I'll check that.
Regarding how many updates downloaded, do you mean the ones that were actually downloaded? eg. apart from the ones that were already there?

I thought of a something like :

23 updates downloaded out of 53

And then, the line would change. However, I'm not sure you can "change" the content of the line with Batch : if you have to write a new line for that, then it's not worht because it would make too many lines. :}

Also, I ran your script from cmd and you wrote something.
You just forgot to add a "Pause"after that. :P

Yes, I know, Bilou mentioned sth about this as well. I've just ran a test with a VM, I downloaded the hotfixes, integrated them on to the iso, installed, and after installation windows update still had few updates to download. I'll have to check that but after a brief look I think the ones that it offered were the non-critical ones, or whatever you call them. On many lists they are considered 'additional'. It just seems they are not included in mssecure. I'm not sure though why Windows Installer is one of them. To be honest when I started this project I thought MS puts ALL their updates in the mssecure file. It seems it's not entirely the case. I'll definitely see what I can find out about it.

:D

:ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN