Azureus Issues

tiredoflogins

Hi Folks,

I have a MOTOROLA CABLE MODEM and a NETGEAR wireless router.

I have tried setting up the port forwarding for the wireless router.

I still keep getting NAT Errors on my Azureus Client. I have installed Windows XP version 2002 with Service Pack2. The Azureus version is 2.3.0.6

I am not able to configure the NAT. I keep getting NAT errors. This is causing the downloads to be very slow.

My ISP Is cOMCAST and I do not have any access to any of the ports. None of the ports are open, even if I connect directly to the cable modem.

The second issue that I am facing is that the downloads have stopped at 81%. The message I get now is

"The process cannot access the file because its being used by another process. Open Fails"

I also tried to get the rest of the torrent by downloading one more torrent client (muTorrent). Its giving me the same error message.

I am at my wits end. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Cheers.

he ment all other ports,

Contact your ISP for furter information,

Here in Serbia we have similar problem with our cable operator SBB, since it closes the network is made in such a way that users are in virtual LAN, and all traffic is translated, direct access to outside ports is not allowed,... + many more thigs, so chat with your ISP support stuff should clear things up a bit.

good luck

he ment all other ports,

Contact your ISP for furter information,

Here in Serbia we have similar problem with our cable operator SBB, since it closes the network is made in such a way that users are in virtual LAN, and all traffic is translated, direct access to outside ports is not allowed,... + many more thigs, so chat with your ISP support stuff should clear things up a bit.

good luck

I tried chatting with the network support staff at the ISP. All of them are clueless and blame it on the router's inability to forward the port.

I tried one more test. I connected by cable modem directly to the computer. I am still getting a blocked port message. So its not the router. I guess the ISP doesn't know how to make the change.

Can U change your ISP?

..I think my friend told me how he bypassed this limitation for Kazaa (there's a fowarding/port replacment tool) U should try searching for something like that e.g. over google.

If your http port does work / forwarding port 80, than it's your ISP that is to blame - torchure, here in Belgrade, we have been molesting our ISP, since he caved in a bit, and allowed it... u must understand it, it's not in their interest to allow P2P, and torrent networking, cause it increases their upload/download overall + occupies their bandwidth.

Good luck, and keep your nerves... u gonna need them my friend.

I had a Netgear MR814v2. I enabled UPnP AND enabled port forwarding (the latter explained below).

In Azureus, I have the port set to 46999...I think. It's been a while. But you get the idea.

Then I went back to my Netgear router and enabled port forwarding for 46999 to my machine.

Do you use assigned IP addresses? That's what I had just to make sure everything worked fine.

I have fixed* my Linksys WRT54G router, and I have UPnP enabled. The Azureus port is set to 46999. Works fine!

Hope that helps!

* - After threatening to dip the router in burning hot oil and then place it in the microwave for 5 minutes on high, it decided to cooperate and stop kicking everyone off the wireless network.