[Question] - MUlti-OS SWITCH & More

ideas

Hi am a regular PC technician and also an uaXP fan..... am like wat i've seen NLite doing, WPI, 7z, Bâshrat the Sneaky's DriverPacks and the Registry tweaks plus u guys who deducate urself who makes all of this to happen.

BUT somthing is missing, Mac has it but wat about Windows XP?

there is this feature that i've always love to hav

Multi-OS is great but to switch to the other OS is very hectic, u hav to restart ur machine, BUT WHY NOT

JUST SWITCH OR LOG OFF UR OS TO THE NEXT OS?

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS USING A SCRIPT, UTILITY, REGISTRY TWEAK /MOD or a PROG?

IF SO PLZ E-MAIL ME dev_os@yahoo.com

****************************************************************************************

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Unattended XP CD

With the Driver Packs avaiable on this CD why not make it more useful /flexible in the case

that u hav another PC running XP without som or any Drivers - just add a button that would

automatically detect and install drivers on any other PC - USEFUL

****************************************************************************************

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

More Files on a CD => 795 MB

We hav Mode2 CDs ( which allows up to 800Mb ) but u must install a reader for cd /dvd roms to

read it, Why can't we do somthing like a CD Partition Mode1 & Mode2 OR Muti-session Mixed Mode???

mode 1 will auto-install the mode2 cd reader, which allows to read the rest of the Mode2 CD

>>> SMART HEH?

OPtimize Virtual Memory

is just making a partition, uncheck indexing service and setting the Virtual memory to this

partition. need a registry tweak for this to be on my unattended XP.... :-)

OS Recovery Option

its tiring to re-program over & over, but i've seen a Sony Viao that has this Automatic

Recovery Feature that Partition the Hard Drive with these necessary files to this partition

and wen u wanna re-program u just click this OPtion and eveything is automatic from there,

- it erases everything from the running OS partition then re-program and re-install everything

Need a Reg Tweak, Script or App that gives this option & also for my UAXP

i would lov to know how to do this...........

:whistle::thumbup

Title Edited - Please follow new forum rules from now on

-- Martin L

Multi-OS is great but to switch to the other OS is very hectic, u hav to restart ur machine, BUT WHY NOT

It cannot be done, since switching OS requires unloading and reloading of all the system files. The machine's state must be initialised to that of when it was first started to be able to load another OS without problem. I'm not familiar with Macs, but from what I've heard most of their OS is in the firmware. That is probably what makes it possible for their architecture.

We hav Mode2 CDs ( which allows up to 800Mb ) but u must install a reader for cd /dvd roms to

read it, Why can't we do somthing like a CD Partition Mode1 & Mode2 OR Muti-session Mixed Mode???

mode 1 will auto-install the mode2 cd reader, which allows to read the rest of the Mode2 CD

>>> SMART HEH?

With overburning, nearly 900MB of storage space can be possible on a good quality of CD-R. Also, optimisation at the file level allows such things as 10-in-1 CDs.

You can use 'optimize' function of UltraISO or CDGuiImage to allow burn once identicals files. Mine CD is about 500mb but full source is 2,5gb.

hey can u send me a guide or som links to how to do this and wat type of burner would u suggest using

plus can this CD be readable in most or all cd roms?

It cannot be done, since switching OS requires unloading and reloading of all the system files. The machine's state must be initialised to that of when it was first started to be able to load another OS without problem. I'm not familiar with Macs, but from what I've heard most of their OS is in the firmware. That is probably what makes it possible for their architecture.

>>> SMART HEH?

With overburning, nearly 900MB of storage space can be possible on a good quality of CD-R. Also, optimisation at the file level allows such things as 10-in-1 CDs.

don't say that..... plus som1 replies that There is a program called Hyper OS that is supossed to let you switch between os'es without rebooting

hyper os - which i cannot find a dwnld link for... and i still think its possible, just wait

Edited by ideas

>>> SMART HEH?

I've tried them

HEY Mode2 CDs - needs a reader to be installed on your Drive so u r capable of reader back the CD, PLUS THE OPTIMIZATION WITH CDIMAGE ONLY WORKS WEN U HAV DUPLICATED FILES - so it wud'nt work with wat i want AND THE OVER BURN NEVER TRIED IT BECAZ ITS DANGEROUS FOR MY BURNER, BUT I KNOW OF A OPTORITE DVD BURNER WHICH DOES HD-BURN - capable of burning up tp 1.4Gb of Data of a 700mb CD..., but it needs a firmware for CD roms so they can read this CD.

but thanks any way, but if u com up with anything new plz let me kno

• 2 weeks later...

>>> SMART HEH?

Just use magiciso to make iso image with checking the option "The same files are only allocated once".

http://www.magiciso.com/