Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

What Not To Remove For Some Programs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05
:rolleyes: Another head scratcher: Logical Disk Manager (and everything related - diskpart etc.) depends on osuninst.dll. :o

This is on Server2003, but it might be the same for XP.

GL

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Hybrid Keyrayder

Hybrid Keyrayder

• 19 posts
  • Joined 27-September 07
Hi guys! Could anyone please tell me what network components should keep for a broadband internet conection using PPPoE? Everytime I install the os I need to creat this connection with a username and password. Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

Edited by Hybrid Keyrayder, 08 February 2009 - 03:39 PM.

babudeoha

babudeoha

• 20 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
It would be wonderful if people stopped pasting their session files and started attaching them. Nowadays it is very hard to find relevant information about components nLite can remove since searching includes the text pasted from session files.

Hueristic

Hueristic
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 27-March 09
Great list! Been looking for one for years.

NOW for the kicker, Does anyone have a hierarchy Tree for dependancies?

I would really love to get my hands one one!

alfa1

alfa1

• 13 posts
  • Joined 09-February 08
By applying the bellow tweak...
[Tweaks] -> Start Menu -> Disable and remove Documents list from the Start Menu.
will also remove the BMP pic from the start menu, the one that show your Windows Version (Vertical) when using Classic theme.(classic Start Menu).
I'm not really sure why (maybe nLite bug??) as that should not happen.

Edited by alfa1, 21 April 2009 - 04:42 AM.

shaggy

shaggy

• 33 posts
  • Joined 01-March 04
Hi. I just installed the new live messenger and i cant sign in and i believe it has something to do something i ripped out just wounding if anybody else had this error 8000401a i'm not not having much luck with google its works fine when i don't use nlite any help would be great
Attached File  LAST_SESSION.INI   31.24KB   36 downloads

SilverArrow

SilverArrow

• 41 posts
  • Joined 01-September 05
Diskeeper needs System Event Notification service and Eventlog to install

Edited by SilverArrow, 06 April 2009 - 11:06 PM.

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05

Hi. I just installed the new live messenger and i cant sign in and i believe it has something to do something i ripped out just wounding if anybody else had this error 8000401a i'm not not having much luck with google its works fine when i don't use nlite any help would be great
Attached File  LAST_SESSION.INI   31.24KB   36 downloads

It would be better if you opened new topic. At first glance, I see you removed too much networking functions/IE/OE/WIA/Messenger/AppCompat/jet/VBruntime. It can be any of these.

GL

shaggy

shaggy

• 33 posts
  • Joined 01-March 04

It would be better if you opened new topic. At first glance, I see you removed too much networking functions/IE/OE/WIA/Messenger/AppCompat/jet/VBruntime. It can be any of these.

GL

I was hoping someone had the same problem thats why i posted in here. Im hoping i can run some tests over the weekend if i cant i might make a new post about it then and thanks for having a look.

babudeoha

babudeoha

• 20 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
"Extreme Movie Manager" needs "Help and Support" and possibly all Group/Local Policy Console stuff, including the administrator scripts and templates. Otherwise you get the famous "this database is not compatible" error. XMM is based on .NET and requires MDAC.

Edited by babudeoha, 14 April 2009 - 04:50 PM.

kaloo

kaloo
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 16-May 09
Hello, I nlited a XP home sp3 OEM for my EEEPC Asus netbook. I want to install my Nokia 3120 classic modem( and Nokia 6500 classic) and I am getting this error on installing port and the modem: " An error occurred during the installation of the device...A service installation section in this INF is invalid."
What do I have to keep for this error not to occurre again?
Here is my Last sesion.ini.
Attached File  LAST_SESSION.INI   15.34KB   17 downloads

Edited by kaloo, 16 May 2009 - 04:15 AM.

jchuillier

jchuillier
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 26-February 08
PI telemetry programs need COM+

I learned this the hard way :)

OuTmAn

OuTmAn

\ ( ^_^) /

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 11-October 04
Windows 2003 : WINS server needs the Remote Registry service

romanian

romanian

• 21 posts
  • Joined 16-November 08
Whereisit catalog program needs System Event Notification service to function, did not notice if it will stall at installation without it.

theruan

theruan

• 31 posts
  • Joined 13-May 08
Simple way to build this would be just put a list of files that shouldn't be removed in the format that nlite recognizes
like:
asdf.dll
exeexe.exe

And some file to download comenting why they must be kept.

Anyway thanks for it, i didn't finished of reading it, but i'm already on the half.
Saved a txt file of the rest of it for further.

Wehrwolf

Wehrwolf
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-March 11
I want to add:

1. Don`t add to "Delete box" images Bullet.gif and Exclam.gif from path Windows\Web. Not working WMP online video (Can not create DirectShow Player) and Process Monitor.

2. Don`t delete Intel Indeo codecs. Intros will not work in many older games (Commandos etc.)

3. Don`t choice in "Privacy"  "Disable tracking of most use programs". Can not install Alcohol 52%, stops on a file AXshlex.dll.

rilskie

rilskie
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-July 12
Could anyone mention what not to remove for "Dot .NET 4.0"? I need this component to run. I keep messing up my nLite custom installs.. :(

condor

condor

Junior

• Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

Hello

Know someone what don`t remove to install LIP language?

Because on try to install give error similar CA25 or CA8r

Tks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN