Wake-On LAN

You know how some computers wake up when they get a LAN connection? If I set up a computer in my basement to ping my computer in my room at a certain time, would it turn on if I enabled Wake-On LAN (or whatever it is called)? Or am I just confused about the subject :) ?

It depends on wat it "wakes" on. For example, it may require a remote share connection to be restored in order for it to be "woken" up from hibernation. However, if ur pc exits hibernation when it receives a packet thru the nic, then yeh it would wake up ur pc

you should check on the network card manufacturer site, i think it might be different from one to other, i know intel supports it, you just need to install special drivers (like a card bios) in dos mode

nmmm, im not sure, i thing you should check on asus site, if they support this feature, and if they do, you will probably find instructions on how to do that, as far as i know not every net cards supports it, but i might be wrong

i just searched asus site, and i believe that the board should support WOL, and i think you were right, you should search you bios, or maybe to check motherboard drivers that came with it....

i understood from the site that the boards support WOL, and they might have issues with it if you bios is not updated