Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Wher is Gurgelmeyer?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Electrician

Electrician

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05
Seems no one has heard from you. You have mentioned medical problems in the past.
If you are where you can read this, I hope you are resting and NOT ill!
I will ask the great spirit to look over you! (Don't get your hopes up - I am an just an old geek and
not on the best terms with the 'big guy') :hello:

Anyone KNOW?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

rcll

rcll

• 27 posts
  • Joined 23-January 06
Yes I also wish best health to Gurgelmeyer, this is very nice project he has done for community :)

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

OS modder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
I email from time to time. He is recurperating at this time. He hasnt forgot you guys. Just pray to your god(s) for him to speedy recovery and good health.
Posted Image

Electrician

Electrician

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05
Thanks Dirtwarrior! I fell better knowing he hasn't slipped this mrtal coil.

fdv

fdv

MSFN Expert

• Developer
  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined 16-July 04
The HFSLIP forum hereby sends strippers and two kegs of Guiness and Newcastle to Gurglemeyer in this forum. The strippers have been instructed to make chicken soup between resuscitative efforts :D
Get well, dude

:hello:
- Your fellow Windows hackers, right down the hall and to the left here at MSFN

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Thanks for caring, guys!! I feel much better at the moment - I even managed to fix this old wreck of a PC, which seems to have been in an even worse condition than me.

So all the strippers and the nice ale is for real and not a hallucination caused by my medication - sweeeet - that explains some things :rolleyes: :blushing: :rolleyes: - thanks to fdv and the rest of the HFSLIP crew :D

Edited by Gurgelmeyer, 22 February 2006 - 07:06 PM.

hoak

hoak

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 11-March 04
Oh My! I didn't even know Gurgelmeyer was ill! :blushing: I hope you are feeling spry, well, happy and having fun Gurgelmeyer -- if not this very moment, real soon!

You've definately achieved the vaunted status of one of the top Gurus of Windows System Internals. Your contributions, hard work, and generosity have helped literally tens of thousands and that's a fact!

What ever is keeping you down, get well soon! This forum would not be the same without you!

:wub:

Edited by hoak, 23 February 2006 - 05:49 AM.

bledd

bledd

msfn is a friend of mine!

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,733 posts
  • Joined 24-March 04
what happened to you pal, not so long ago i had to have my large intestine taken out! few weeks in hospital + months of recovery!

At0mic

At0mic

Enthusiast

• PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 10-February 05
Its good to see you around again Gurgelmeyer, we've all missed you :)
You can enter max 4 lines of text in signature or signature image.

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Thanks for your support, guys. I'm happy to be here :)

I feel better at the moment. My heart has suffered permanent damage, and that's all I know and all I want to know. On the bright side, I have more time for doing the things I like, such as USP's, spending time with friends and relatives, and listening to music.

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

PS - RyanVM - I'm still looking into the 300 .cat-files problem on XP from time to time. I'd like to get rid of the svcpack.inf in my own USP's too while I'm at it.

Edited by Gurgelmeyer, 26 February 2006 - 01:59 PM.

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
gurgle WB -

nice to know your (about) OK,
[message of the .....whatever]
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!
Where is the "any key" ???

hoak

hoak

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 11-March 04
Glad you're back in the saddle Gurglemeyer! I don't want to trivialize coronary health in anyway; heart disease is chronic in my family; my Grandfather suffered no less then fifteen heart attacks and suffered massive cardiac damage, but lived to a ripe (in more ways then one) :D and active age of 82.

Coronary medicine and proceedure is one of the most results oriented and successful fields of contemporary medicine -- so my hopes are high that your future will be long and bright, and that we can look forward to a Hotstream Project to address some of the many 'ouches' on the soon to be retired Windows Server 2003!

Even if your priorities change, and fixing the many flaws of Windows System Internals that only you've been able to address -- you have many greatful Fans for all you've done with the Windows 2000 Hotstream Project!

:)

war59312

war59312

Will's Blog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 07-June 02
Hey,

Glad to hear your still with us.

Take Care,

Will
Ad Muncher Usage Statistics for v4.73 Beta Build 30552/2275
Adverts removed by Ad Muncher: 2,200,586
Approximate bandwidth saved: 17,192 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 29-May 05
Gurgelmeyer:

Glad you are still alive and kicking. Keep on keepin' on, G! :D

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Thanx :D

Almost finished USP 5.1 SR-1 (build 19) - had to do something easy to get back on track after two computer crashes and a month or two of illness... just need to look into the DOS setup. This build seems to speed up windows a bit compared to SP4 - but I might be imagening things :whistle: - anyway public RC available soon.

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

Thanx :D

Almost finished USP 5.1 SR-1 (build 19) - had to do something easy to get back on track after two computer crashes and a month or two of illness... just need to look into the DOS setup. This build seems to speed up windows a bit compared to SP4 - but I might be imagening things :whistle: - anyway public RC available soon.

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
i better get new glassed :)

but - dont forget to add the extra line in about...

and yeah it seams to improve some ..... probebly one or 2 memory issues...
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!

Saks

Saks

• 18 posts
  • Joined 14-August 05
Dear Gurgel,
You must keep yourself fit to continue contributing to this elite community, of which you are one of the pioneers. :yes: What I can suggest that you take your eyes off the computer monitor for at least one hr a day and do yoga or exercise.
Regards

Edited by Saks, 24 March 2006 - 01:17 AM.

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05

Dear Gurgel,
You must keep yourself fit to continue contributing to this elite community, of which you are one of the pioneers. :yes: What I can suggest that you take your eyes off the computer monitor for at least one hr a day and do yoga or exercise.
Regards

I could give it a try I guess :yes:

/G B)

efiggy

efiggy
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-February 06

Dear Gurgel,
Regards

I could give it a try I guess :yes:

/G B)

I think that, based on what I read in his profile, he's getting more than enough exercise! ;)

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
I better update my profile :lol:

/G B)

.... on the other hand, it's pretty accurate as it is... :rolleyes:

Edited by Gurgelmeyer, 26 April 2006 - 05:16 AM.

erpdude8

erpdude8

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Joined 24-November 04
Hi Gurgelmeyer,

soneone in another forum recently asked how can we "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome the /integrate problem.

Here's the quote-

Sorry for the late post, but it's only now I stumbled upon this topic on google.

You'll need to "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome this and similar other "shortcomings" just to make it do anything at all btw.

How do we 'help' update.exe? Because executing i386\update\update.exe /Integrate:D:\XP fails and says that you need to use /integrate with the original package.
Thanks.

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Hi :)

I've been at the hospital for a while, but I'm back and I'm going to fully recover so I can make USP's for you guys :D

Hi Gurgelmeyer,

soneone in another forum recently asked how can we "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome the /integrate problem.

Here's the quote-

Sorry for the late post, but it's only now I stumbled upon this topic on google.

You'll need to "help" UPDATE.EXE overcome this and similar other "shortcomings" just to make it do anything at all btw.

How do we 'help' update.exe? Because executing i386\update\update.exe /Integrate:D:\XP fails and says that you need to use /integrate with the original package.
Thanks.

You need to use the version of update.exe contained in my USP 5.1 - AND you need to wrap it in a "real" SFX:

1. Find a hotfix with SFXCAB version 5.5.31.0
2. Remove the digital signature from the hotfix; use the ImageEnumerateCertificates() and ImageRemoveCertificate() functions exposed through imagehlp.h
3. Truncate the unsigned hotfix at offset 0x8800
4. Make your .CAB file, and open it in a hex editor; locate the entry for the program that you want to run automatically upon extraction, and OR the attribute byte (two bytes before the first char in the filename) with 0x40
5. Store the size of the .CAB file as a DWORD at offset 0x7C18 in the truncated hotfix .EXE
6. Append the .CAB file to the .EXE file (you will not need the .CAB file anymore now)
7. Store the size of the .EXE in the .EXE itself as a DWORD at offset 0x0168
8. Append any zero bytes necessary to the .EXE file so its size becomes a multiplum of 512
9. Substract 0x7E00 from the size of the .EXE, and store the result as a DWORD at offset 0x0228 in the .EXE itself
10. Update the PE checksum

/Gurgelmeyer B)

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
Welcome back /G may your recovery be swift and without glitches now....

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05

Thanx :sneaky: I'm my good old self again and cant wait to get busy - already made a refresh build of 5.02 and 5.1 with all new fixes. I really want to solve the MSI-setup problem too before releasing it.

/G B)

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 29-May 05

Thanx :sneaky: I'm my good old self again and cant wait to get busy - already made a refresh build of 5.02 and 5.1 with all new fixes. I really want to solve the MSI-setup problem too before releasing it.

/G B)

This may help you with the MSI problem. http://www.ryanvm.ne...ighlight=dotnet

A way has been found to do MSI setups from SVCPACK.INF. I have done it myself and it works. See also http://www.ryanvm.ne...opic.php?t=2249

Edited by slippykillsticks, 20 July 2006 - 08:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users