Howto fix keyboard layout problem

donbi

Guys, the answer is right on my site. 2.0.2 added KB897338. It updates intl.inf.

And you've been waiting 15 hours for an answer at this point. Don't you think you could have figured it out by yourselves in way less time just by reading my site more carefully? For example, start with the changelog and see what was added in the last release...

Edited by RyanVM

Yeah, I could have done that. But that's too easy. And besides that I would have had to click on all the KB* shortcuts. :D

At least now I know more about your integrator, how nLite works, how nLite tweaks the registry, how inf file works.... and more...

Thanks for pointing to this KB, but still the same question remains:

NEW locales are fine but where the OLD locales gone after 2.0.2a and nLite RC6 - Cyrillic, Baltic e.t.c. ?

And how to turn them back (especially BEFORE running setup and creating nLited ISO) ?

I guess this is THE questions actual in the scope of current topic...

Guys, the answer is right on my site. 2.0.2 added KB897338. It updates intl.inf.

And you've been waiting 15 hours for an answer at this point. Don't you think you could have figured it out by yourselves in way less time just by reading my site more carefully? For example, start with the changelog and see what was added in the last release...

Yeah, I could have done that. But that's too easy. And besides that I would have had to click on all the KB* shortcuts. :D

At least now I know more about your integrator, how nLite works, how nLite tweaks the registry, how inf file works.... and more...

...it would have taken 5 clicks in the changelog...

I have tried exactly the following: make nLited ISO with RVM UP 2.0.2a,

and immediately after that REPLACE INTL.inf in this ISO with the one You mention, original from XP SP2.

Not good at all: setup like HANGS right BEFORE displaying the attended Regional page.

I checked very well on the identical ISO, one with nLited INTL.inf makes setup OK but with missing languages, one with original INTL.inf makes setup HANG, the rest is identical bit-to-bit.

And NOW: if I do use trick from the post 1 of this topic (adding the *.DL_ and *.HL_ You've mentioned and adding entrees in TXTSETUP.sif - thses TWO steps makes no help) - may be I should also change INTL.inf as a third step and this in summary will help?

I've used the intl.inf file of the original xp source with sp2 slipstreamed...

Donbi

This is my first post here, so:

1- Hi everyone !

2- THANKS to Nuhi and all the other contributors !!!

I dont use Ryan's Pack, and dont have RC6 yet, but I am having the same problem.

RC1 is limited in languages, but it doesn't have the bug, at least for me (for spanish). So my workaround is to nlite in two passes: one pass only for the language with RC1, another for the rest with the latest release

• 1 year later...

I looked in the \i386 folder of older nlite rips of Windows 2003 i made (with nlite 1.3.5 final) and I was able to select the keyboard language I want (Irish), even though the agt* files are NOT present in the folder...btw I'm now using 1.4 beta. I suppose the weird thing is that I keep all the languages in the install (I don't select any languages for removal), but I did pre-select region and keyboard language in nlite. maybe that's where the bug is?

The thing I'd really like to know is what are the files that constitute the locale and keyboard layouts - then I'd be able to see what files are 'missing' - be they physically missing, or just not listed in the txtsetup.sif. whatever! :)