Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

ripken204

@ LUZR4LIFE,

Why do you have the USB bracket in between your TV and VGA card?

it would do better underneath all the cards, for example on the lowest position in the back, this would give your VGA card a better airflow...

@ bonestonne,

6 3/4" Are the shortest drives I have come along, why would it not fit?

:rolleyes:

i already told you, but for everyone else, the PSU fan header and ATX cable conflict with it. the PSU fan header i can technically do without or move, which i just dont want to do. motherboard surgery like that is rough. RAM is cleared by a 6 3/4" drive though, that isn't the problem at all.

annoy at the size of the CPU cooler, thats about the limit. the front panel is wired up and working well, i added the lead for the speaker, but its not necessary and my board doesn't have speaker headers either.

glad there's just more metalwork left for this. i'd die if there was much more. 66 solder connections is enough!

My rig:

CPU : Intel QX9650

Case : CoolerMaster Stacker 832

Memory : Crucial Ballistix DDR2 8500 @ 4 gigs

Hard drives : 2 x 150 gig Raptors

Motherboard : Asus Striker Extreme

Video cards : 2 x EVGA Nvidia 8800 GTX Ultras

Sound card : Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro

Keyboard : Saitek Eclipse

Mouse : Logitech MX Revolution

LCD Panel : HP 30 inch

Optical Drives : 20 x DVD burner from Samsung x 2

Speakers : Logitech Z5500 Digital 5.1 setup

Webcam : Creative Live Optia AF

Some basic pics here...

http://picasaweb.google.com/suryade/MyRig

Well, I've never put my specs up, but here goes. Don't laugh too hard, it's not the best machine ever. I didn't order it, but hey, I didn't have to pay for it either. :blushing: I'll upload a pic at some point, but not right now.

Hardware:

• Dell Inspiron E1505/6000
    • Intel Core Duo T2050 @ 1.60 GHz
    • Toshiba MK8034GSX 80 Gb IDE ATA hard drive
    • Sony DVD+-RW optical drive
    • Intel 945 Graphics Media Accelerator integrated graphics
      • VGA out, S-video out and internal DVI
      • Built-in LCD 15.4 inch widescreen display @ 1280x800 px

[*]Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

[*]Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

[*]4 USB 2.0 ports

[*]1 IEEE 1394 Firewire port

[*]PCI express slot

[*]Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard

[*]Microsoft Optical USB wheel mouse

[*]Synaptics touchpad

[*]Integrated audio

Software (a small sampling):

• Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2
  • Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3
  • Microsoft Office 2007 Enteprise
  • Adobe CS3 Design Premium
  • Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.9
  • Opera 9.24
  • MS Internet Explorer 6.0
  • Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006
  • PDFcreator
  • The Gimp
  • Google Earth
  • Microsoft Intellitype Pro 6.1
  • 7-Zip file manager
  • Microsoft Virtual PC 2007

Edited by Idontwantspam

IMG_2119.jpg

^overall shot. you can't see the sound card from there, but its an Audiophile 24/96 by M-Audio.

IMG_2125.jpg

^updated RAM pic. 3gb dual channel. 2x512, 2x1024mb sticks.

Case is now a Cooler Master Elite 330 instead of the Apevia X-Dreamer.

only further update not in the pics is my 160gb WD drive for music, just replaced my Hitachi, and there's a noticeable difference in noise as vibration.

here's mine:

th.25e8c55cfa.jpg th.453c24cbd8.jpg th.00fd6cc167.jpg

I would post more case pics (eg front and and front without cover) but they're the same as http://www.msfn.org/board/Post-Pictures-Sp...742#entry461742 ;)

you wouldn't believe the mess behind my monitor and case :whistle:

and btw, believe me, weirdly enough, adding an extra 120mm fan behind the ultra 120 extreme doees help by 2 C :blink: (which is weird since the exhaust fan is right behind it).. (and it's actually easy to attach another fan to the ultra 120 extreme, just get 4 fan screws and 4 elastic bands. then work it out yourself :P)

if anyone can't see it or is wondering what's under the accelero s1 cooler, it's a 120mm fan and a pci exhaust fan ;) doesn't help at all when idle but gives me a good 5 C drop under load. as for the stick of wood, the fan is surprisingly heavy for a simple 120mm fan, the card was dropping about 2cm with it attached!

specs: see sig

xion II black, green led gaming case

silverstone fm121 (intake)

cheap ebuyer.com extra value fans - decent for under £2 for 4 pack (exhaust)(gpu cooler fan)

1xCD-RW drive (don't really know why i still have it)

1xDVD-/+RW drive

arctic cooling MX-2 thermal goo (for cpu, it's easier to spread than most reviews will make you think)

Edited by puntoMX

if anyone can't see it or is wondering what's under the accelero s1 cooler, it's a 120mm fan and a pci exhaust fan ;) doesn't help at all when idle but gives me a good 5 C drop under load. as for the stick of wood, the fan is surprisingly heavy for a simple 120mm fan, the card was dropping about 2cm with it attached!

You could use tie-wraps there to attack the cooler to the VGA card.

@puntomx, actually that is a good idea (using tie-wraps to attach the fan to the cooler). it'd make the fan much more securely attached to the cooler than the elastic band. but using a rubber band works well enough for me at the moment, but i might use tie-wraps on the next upgrade that i'll do, even though it (hopefully) won't be for a very long time. but thanks for the idea :)

and btw, does anyone have any tips for getting the fan at the front of the case, to move any air into the mobo area? the only way to cool the mobo is from the 70mm fan at the side, but most of that air gets sucked by the fan mounted on the cpu cooler, leaving my ram with relatively no new air :( the air from the fan at the front is mainly giving air to the fan under the gpu cooler since the X1950 pro is long and leaves about 4x15cm space for the air to go up.

thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by clidx

and btw, does anyone have any tips for getting the fan at the front of the case, to move any air into the mobo area? the only way to cool the mobo is from the 70mm fan at the side, but most of that air gets sucked by the fan mounted on the cpu cooler, leaving my ram with relatively no new air :( the air from the fan at the front is mainly giving air to the fan under the gpu cooler since the X1950 pro is long and leaves about 4x15cm space for the air to go up.

thanks for any suggestions.

From the looks of the picture, the white plastic at the front of your case should be a holder for an 80mm case fan.

From the looks of the picture, the white plastic at the front of your case should be a holder for an 80mm case fan.

Looks already like a fan to me, but a white one...

clidx, why don´t you make this a new topic, project better cooling ;)...

I can't compete with most of you guys but I decided to show my stuff here.

My workhorse, I bought this laptop for school. It's actually the fastest computer I have ever owned myself :).

dsc01115vy3.jpg

C2D T5300, 2.5Gb Ram (Soon 4), 120GB HD

This is my desktop, I'ts pretty old and I'm sure you guys aren't that eager to see the insides of this 5 year old computer so forgive me for not taking off the side panel. If the Toshiba laptop had better graphics I wouldn't use this PC as often but I like the 19" and the 7300GT when I'm playing WoW. Despitethe relativly low specs compared to my laptop it get's about the same amount of FPS in WoW (and yes, the laptop also get's used for stuff besides gaming ;)). The PC is hooked up to a 250GB Philips external HD, the speakers are the X230 from Logitech.

dsc01119zp6.jpg

An old HP 771.nl with several upgrades (RAM, VGA, HD). Athlon XP 2000+, 1Gb Ram, 60 + 160 GB HD, GeForce 7300GT AGP 256 MB

Below, my mouse and keyboard. A Razer Krait and a Logitech Ultraflat. The Razer is a great mouse for gaming and I picked this keyboard beause it's has that "laptop" feeling to it wich I really like.

dsc01120os2.jpg

And finally the VX Nano I use with my laptop. Great little mouse and the small connector is aesthetically more pleasing than most of it's counterparts.

dsc01121zk7.jpg