• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
ripken204

Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

441 posts in this topic

My modest PC:

Q9450 @ 3.6GHz, Asus P5E w/ Deluxe 0205 BIOS, 4GB RAM, 4x750GB + 2x1TB, ATI HD3870 512MB, LG 22x DVD-R/RW, etc

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc4.jpg

Edited by Gradius2

I upgraded my rig again this time with a new Coolermaster HAF case and a lovely Q9650 due to the recent price drop.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WWe4G6MnuXo

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 at 3Ghz

4GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM

1x SATA Western Digital 500 GB, 1x Seagate 200 GB hard drive

4870x2 2GB Sapphire ATI Radeon video card

32" LG LCD HDTV at 1920x1080 1080p

Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W ATX Power Supply

1x 20 LG DVD Burner

1x LG SATA BluRay & HDDVD Combo Drive

Running Windows XP Professional x64 SP2 and Server 2003 SP2

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 motherboard

Coolermaster HAF 932 full tower case

At least this time I did some cable management, though not perfect but better than my previous rigs.

Also, I need a new cooler because my Zalman can't handle a quad core when overclocked.

Edited by Thunderbolt 2864

I upgraded my rig again this time with a new Coolermaster HAF case and a lovely Q9650 due to the recent price drop.

Yeah, I saw that too. I payed the same price for my Q9450 (2.66GHz), and I could get a Q9650 (3GHz) instead!

However that is today, I got my Q9450 six months ago.

That's my little x64 pride :] White and shiny!

MB: Asus P5QL Pro

rvv8rd.jpg

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz

29ppuvb.jpg

RAM: 4GB (2x2GB Kingston Dual-Channel DDR2)

20aqlcp.jpg

GPU: Palit GeForce 9500GT 1GB

ak7lhd.jpg

HDD: 1TB (2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3500620AS 3Gb/s 7200RPM), flashed with the latest firmware

2yulp9k.jpg

PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme Power 550W

67nkgo.jpg

CASE: Asus Vento TA-882 (with 7V mod on both rear fans)

6okkcz.jpg

KEYBOARD: Canyon CNR-KEYB7

2uokhms.jpg

MOUSE: Saitek PM45-IX Wireless 1000dpi

29qb30o.jpg

DISPLAY: 22" Acer P223WW

k2fzex.jpg

That's my little x64 pride :] White and shiny!

CASE: Asus Vento TA-882 (with 7V mod on both rear fans)

6okkcz.jpg

KEYBOARD: Canyon CNR-KEYB7

2uokhms.jpg

MOUSE: Saitek PM45-IX Wireless 1000dpi

29qb30o.jpg

I love the color coordination!

As my motherboard deceided to finally fail on me, did a bit of an upgrade.

New CPU, Ram and Board.

New specs: (items in bold are new)

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E8400 3GHz

Mainboard: Asus P5Q-E

RAM: 4GB Dual Channel OCZ PC2-8500 Gold Edition

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mini Ninja

GFX-Card: ASUS 9800GTX+ "Dark Knight"

Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum ex

HDD: 2x WD 80GB Raid0 | x1 WD 200GB | x1 WD 250GB

Monitor: 22" LG Widescreen

Case: CoolerMaster WaveMaster - With custom side panel

e8400_01.JPG

e8400_02.JPG

e8400_03.JPG

e8400_04.JPG

Motherboard: Biostar TA790GX 128M (AMD 790GX)

Processor: AMD Athlon 6000+ (3.0 GHz)

RAM: OCZ 2N1066SR2GK (2*1GB DDR2 1066= 5-5-5-15)

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 4670 (512 MB)

HDD: Western Digital (2*80 GB SATA II RAID 0)

Mouse: Not Worth Mentioning

Keyboard: Not Worth Mentioning

PC Case: Seriously Not Worth Mentioning :)

Here is my current desktop as of 2009 :)

Shuttle SP35P2 | E8400 | 9800GT | 8GB DDR2-800 | Matrix RAID WD6400AAKS | SH-S203B

HP Mini 1000 | 2GB DDR2-800 | 16GB SSD | 16GB SD

T-Mobile G1 | 8GB SD

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

new specs!

Core 2 Duo E6750

MSI Neo P45

ECS nVidia 9600GT

M-Audio Delta AP 24/96

6gb G-Skill DDR2 (will be 8gb of DDR2-800 by the end of the month)

HL DVD-RW drive (have yet to get one with Lightscribe, but i can still wait)

Apple Mighty Mouse

Logitech wireless ergonomic keyboard (i'm getting a normal wired USB soon, can't stand wireless much longer)

FSP-300W (may be replaced with a 420HX soon if necessary)

some generic card reader (but i need to replace it with one that can read SDHC)

1x HP f1703 (the second one died, i'm waiting for a good price on a new panel)

For cooling, I've got a Scythe Ninja Rev A on the CPU, a Thermalright HR-05 on the Northbridge, and an Accelero S1 Rev 2 on the 9600GT. I would have done more on the southbridge, but i'd have to get the Thermalright HR-05 SLI, and even with that, I don't think it would fit with the chipset on an angle.

Temps are solid and low, CPU idling around 28C, GPU idling around 35C, and both drives idling around 34C. Northbridge sits around 30C, southbridge is around 26C.

I finally wired up the front panel audio as well, works like a charm, even though it's not exactly wired correctly. since there were no jack detection wires, i just plugged in the audio headers so it will actually play audio out front and back at the same time, the back doesn't turn off.

also reinstalled XP and Ubuntu, i finally have full support for my hardware in Ubuntu, graphics look amazing, windows is much more responsive now as well.

the new optical drive is also shorter, and gives a lot more breathing room to the case, it's nearly flush with the end of the drive cage. the inside of the case feels much roomier than it was, and much more complete, with the card reader and front panel audio now working. I'm also glad that the Scythe Ninja still fits, when i first got the P45 board i looked at it, and saw right away that the socket was closer to the edge than my old P965 board, which was a close call anyway. Luckily it all fits perfectly.

and considering everything i'm running now, aside from the chipset and graphics card (which weren't out at the time) this is the exact setup i wanted to have when i built this computer for the first time.

and with a spare drive running vista, my experience score is a 5.3, lowest being the hard drive at 5.3 (80gb WD SATA-II) , and the CPU being 5.5, all other scores happily at 5.9

I must say the inside of your case is super clean and clutterfree! Quite awesome! My case insides are another matter with all the wires lol.

Anyway my machine is in my sig as below but it is getting a bit of upgrade from the 8800 Ultras to GTX 285 SSCs so that should be interesting. They should be here in the next few days. Cant wait!

... a bit of upgrade from the 8800 Ultras to GTX 285 SSCs so that should be interesting.
Pictures, else it doesn't count ;).

Hi, here are my specs, though I am about to upgrade my system altogether!

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.3Ghz

Memory: 2Gb OCZ DDR2 800Mhz

M/B: Abit NF-M2S (nForce4 Chipset)

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8500GT 512MB

HDD(s): (In the process of getting a bigger drive like 500GB or even 1TB!)

Drives: x16 Samsung DVD-ROM, LG DVD-/+RW GSA-55N

Sound: Onboard Realtek HD Audio

Edited by steven4554

Upgraded mobo and cooling system:

003_thumb.jpg

Rig now running a Q6600 with 8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 1066 MHz, 2 x 320GB SATA2 Western Digitals, some crappy LG DVD-RW (ain't using it much) on a DFI Lanparty BI P45 T2RS Elite, powered by a Thermaltake 470W PSU with active PFC inside a Raidmax Ninja Black case, cooled by an Alphacool liquid circuit. Using Vista Busines x64 and 7 x64 dual-boot (each OS on its own HDD, selected from BIOS).

Wow, that video card bends a lot under the load of the cooling system, I would do something to support the card better.

Wow, that video card bends a lot under the load of the cooling system, I would do something to support the card better.

Thanks for pointing out, didn't notice when i installed it... Fixed now, it was bending down because of the pipe coming from the CPU. shortened it and now it's ok :)

Cell phone pics = BAD! But here they are, I will try to get better ones later. See the "my servers" link in my sig for details.

7Server

th_Photo-0006.jpg

Unclesocks + Amp collection

th_Photo-0007.jpg

I know its hard to make out, but the two labels on the front say "UNCLE SOCKS" and "CHINESE WARLORD" respectively. This server was named after a background randomly placed on all the image servers. This one got characters from this series:

http://www.gallimauphry.com/clarence/clarence.html

I can't remember all of them, but one was called "moocow" and had an up close shot of a cow's mouth licking a camera.

I'm doing an internship at a software development company, so here's the specs on my work machine:

Dell Dimension 5150

Intel Pentium D Dual Core 2.8 GHz

1 GB DDR2 RAM

ATI Radeon Xpress 3150 (?)

It has dual displays (not dells), a 20" DVI SXGA and a 19" VGA SXGA, and a Microsoft IntelliMouse

Not super-speedy, but works pretty well, and I love having dual displays :D

more pics here:

http://www.ripken204.com/images/computer/

this is just my setup for the summer, basement is the only place that i can keep cool.

and between the two towers there and the hdds on top, there is over 20TB :)

100_4878.JPG

Edited by ripken204

My main PC :

Gigabyte EP35-DS4 mobo

Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66ghz (O/C at 3.2ghz) w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

3GB DDR2 (soon going to update to 5 or 7 GB)

Gigabyte GV-R4850MC-1GH (ATI HD4850, 1GB) w/ GFXChilla

2x Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB in Raid0

Max In Power BigMax case (with a 25cm fan on the side)

2x 12cm fans

Asus VW192S + Asus VW195S 19" screens

Edirol FA-101 Audio Interface

Logitech Wave 450 keyboard

Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop :

Asus F80L-4P007C

Pentium DC T2390- 1.86Ghz

3GB DDR2

14.1" screen

Western Digital 250GB 7200rpm

Windows XP SP3 (will soon update to 7)

Server

Gigabyte GA-C230D

Intel Atom 230

1GB DDR2

Samsung 500GB

Intel Gigabit LAN

Mini-Box.com M300 Mini-ITX Case

Debian Etch

I will post pics later.

Edited by Ben_j

few new goodies...

Fileserver:

Everex PC3500G:

1.5GHz Via C7-D

2gb DDR2-667

1x 80gb

3x 160gb

Ubuntu 9.04

Workstation: (hasn't changed a whole lot)

2.66GHz E6750 (scythe ninja rev A)

MSI Neo P45

ECS nVidia 9600GT (Accelero S1 rev 2)

250gb WD

640gb WD

M-Audio Delta 24/96

Firewire 400 3 port PCI

HL DVD-RAM 16x

Corsair 400CX

Laptops:

used Apple Powerbook G4 (coming soon)

1.33ghz

2gb RAM

60gb

CD-RW/DVD

Airport Extreme

---------

Thinkpad T22

900mhz P3

512mb RAM

40gb

CD/DVD

Wireless B

----------

Toshiba Satellite

1.8ghz?

512mb

160gb

CD-RW/DVD-RW

Wireless G

That's all I think...the toshiba is going to my sister when i get me powerbook, i'm letting a friend borrow the thinkpad until she gets her own laptop...I'm also thinking of getting one of this HP netbooks, the little black one, but maybe in a while.

I also have an old 2nd gen iPhone, no SIM...I use that as my super-mini netbook...no downloading anything, but good for wifi, horrid battery life though.

Edited by bonestonne

Hard Drives upgraded...

Now I have a 300GB VelociRaptor and a 500GB Western Digital Black Edition Drive.

241009_002215.jpg

241009_002439.jpg

241009_002813.jpg

IMG_0991.JPG

Cooler Master Elite 330

Q9400

MSI Neo P45

8GB G-Skill DDR2-800

1x 250GB <- OS/apps

1x 640GB <-data

400W Corsair

M-Audio Delta AP2496

M-Audio Delta 1010

ECS nVidia 9600GT 512mb

HL DVD+/-R(W)

Scythe Ninja Rev A (original)

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev 2

Thermalright HR-05

-> thinking of HR-05 SLI for southbridge

-> thinking of swapping both 120mm fans for Scythe 800RPM slipstreams

-> thinking of swapping 9600GT for 4850

System works great for Multitrack recording, up to 10 simultaneous tracks, I do 4/5 to start, but got the 8 channel card for the sake of future usage.

Cleaned up the cabling completely this time. Looks way better than the first system that was inside it.

Hi there hardware people! I wanted to post the specs (and soon pictures) of my Shuttle SS59G LAN-BOX! It was built for, you guessed it, LAN parties and gaming/general use in the bedroom.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0GHz (2MB L2 Cache model, runs OK but wanna upgrade to a 3.2 or 3.4GHz model for a small boost)

Cooling: Shuttle I.C.E. 92mm with a Zalman ZM-F2BL 92mm blue LED fan. I'm going to get another one of these Zalman fans soon to screw onto the back of the case for a push/pull configuration so that none of the hot air goes back into the system once it has gone through the I.C.E. heatsink. I will also get a front 3.5inch fan controller than can take more than two fans and is silver to replace the black one that can only take two fans.

Motherboard: Propriety Shuttle board with a socket 775/AGP/DDR SIS 661FX chipset

RAM: Kingston Value RAM 2x512MB DDR 400Mhz Dual Channel (gonna upgrade to 2x1GB RAM in the next two weeks so don't worry bout my low amount of RAM at present!)

Hard Drive: Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB (wanted lots of storage cause the shuttle case only holds two 3.5inch drives and one of them is taken up with my fan controller)

Graphics Card: HIS ATI Radeon x1950PRO 256MB (did the job at first with the 1024x768 res it currently is on but its going with a bigger 19 or 20inch soon so I'm getting a Powercolor Radeon HD 4670 1GB with a Zalman VNF100 cooler...pretty much the fastest AGP card you can buy!)

Sound Card: Integrated AC97 (would think about a cheap new sound card but really I wouldn't tell the difference much and the only PCI slot is going to be taken up by the Zalman GPU cooler soon)

Optical Drive: Some cheapo DVD drive which is only used for OS and games installing then I take it out to save weight (yes, weight) and make the front panel look nicer

Case: Shuttle "G" chassis

Power Supply: Shuttle PC40 250W with two Sythe Mini-Kaze Ultra 40mm fans (these little 1U power supplies are very tough little things and a 250W model can run a modern system like the other, more powerful, PC in my sig fine!)

Monitor: LOL...17inch CRT monitor made by IBM about 10 years ago... :P Gonna upgrade to an LCD like my main system soon!

Keyboard/Mouse: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600/Basic Logitech mouse (being replaced with a Logitech G5 along with the other upgrades)

Speakers: Hey, I don't need speakers. I have some headphones I got for free!

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP3 heavily nLited. Might consider Windows 7 some time in 2010, wouldn't be too bad at all with the DX10 GPU and the 2GB RAM when I get them.

Pictures will be up in about two weeks when I get the new RAM/GPU/GPU cooler/extra CPU fan/mouse!

Sorry if this has speeeeling mistakes in it, it is 11.45PM right now on the 31st of December. Happy New Year! :D

EDIT: I cut the rear fan grille out today with my trusty dremel and temps dropped by a few degrees. It doesn't look clean, but when I get the other fan screwed to the back you won't be able to see the sharp edges of the cut.

EDIT2: I have got the new RAM in, but the GPU cooler is still on the way. Have mounted a fan on the outside of the case and also got the G5. I did try using the GPU just without the case on so it fit but for some reason the latest drivers did not install at all and the drivers on the disk caused a loop of reboots. So I'm going to stick with the x1950 until I get the GPU cooler to make it go in the shuttle permanently, then I will reformat and start over.

Edited by Zenskas