• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
ripken204

Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

441 posts in this topic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29430563@N03/sets/72157632543083374/with/8410321734/

My current build.

Some problems, not quite 100% finished, but the general idea.

Things left:

More RAM (ordering in the next week or so)

Re-Sleeve PSU to black and white scheme

Address motherboard/GPU issue regarding POST code 94 hang (I mostly ignore this as it only happens during post sometimes).

The FW card may change, but for now, I'm happy with it. Strange problems with it, but nothing that seriously affects how things work for me.

Lastly, I have to get a new External Enclosure so I have FW800 and USB3.0 for better transfer speeds for video projects. I currently have a FW800/eSATA drive, but it's not very portable.

1080p editing is very smooth, and I am enjoying the speed when rendering. That said, I default to my laptops for daily use, as this thing is a real monster, idling at 110W or so. I haven't had a chance to get an accurate load measurement.

This weekend I have a two camera shoot, and my next small side project will be a video of a 1997 Mercedes convertible. Real treat!

Its a very strange looking chassis.

It's the NZT Source 210 Elite. Not that strange.

Some specs:

Asus Z9PA-D8

Intel Xeon 2620 x2

16gb RAM

Gigabyte GTX660ti Windforce OC 2GB

SIIG FW card

Startech USB3.0 PCI-e card with front panel header

Antec HCG-750W

LG BluRay 16x burner

Xigmatec SD1283 Dark Knight II coolers

Thermalright HR-55 chipset cooler

Windows 8 Pro with Media Center Pack

Adobe Student/Teacher CS6 (Premiere, Audition, Encore, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Media Encoder. Other programs weren't installed because I don't use them).

Reaper x64

Pro Tools 10

Other programs aren't really relevant.

Additional 16gb RAM upgrade will be ordered on friday. I have an 80gb SSD to test with, but may not move to an SSD for some time.

I had a SMART failure so I decided to take a pic of my workstation.

13739305035_ec08fb5172.jpg

:D

Whoa and NO wire management at all...

He was fishing for that ;), he does post pictures like that just to shock us! :crazy:

I manage the wires quite well actually. You will notice my use of the zip-tie to make it so the wires do not go in the fan. :)

It's all a matter of styling.

Trip prefers "casual cabling" to more formal styles, it just like hairstyle, beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

OT :ph34r:, but not much, an useful tip ;):

hair-styles-for-men-demotivational-poste

jaclaz

A lot has changed since I last posted a picture/comp specs here on MSFN

This build was a couple years ago, but I haven't really needed to upgrade yet, its plenty fast enough for today's applications.  I've been wanting to upgrade my RAM to 16gigs, but CPU cooler is giving me height issues and I think I found a way around it..but anyways here it goes. 

1404607_10202734770356653_1766781281_o.j

Fractal Designs Arc Midi Case
ASUS P8Z77-V LK Motherboard
Corsair TX650M PSU
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2x4gb) DDR3 PC17000 2133
128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD (OS & Apps)
640gb WD 7200rpm Sata HDD (Data) - Also have a 2TB USB 3.0 Drive
ASUS 24X Sata DVD Burner
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

As you can tell, I have no video card.  I've been really happy with Intel Graphics 4000, works great for what I do.  Though, I will be buying a video card too, just haven't decided which one I want to get and how much money I really want to spend, haha.

Edited by Nerwin

I got a new computer! It is in the middle of this picture:

2014-08-19181645_zps02ad8412.jpg

:)

15048611982_bfef4766c5_z_d.jpg

InWin H-Frame ITX case with 180W PSU

Gigabyte Z97N-Wifi

Intel Core i3 4130

4gb DDR3

80GB SSD

Slim DVD+/-RW

The wifi antenna has been changed to one that doesn't stick out of the case, because the system does travel a bit. Runs the SteamOS, I've taken over root access and have also added XBMC to the machine for streaming. Unfortunately, a lot of plugins have really poor support now.

Dual Xeon rig is still my desktop, this is for gaming and HTPC usage only.

I finally finished moving Shiva to a new chassis. The original was one I bought in the 20th century that had the over-the-top slip on "side panel" which I very much did not like. I had acquired a user server chassis (trash rescue) and decided to port everything over. My wire management may not be that great, but again I have made sure not to put wires in the fans. :D

2014-12-21160306_zps4d7db803.jpg

This is the Chenbro SR105. I had some time wasting trying to get the correct screws for the hard drive bay. Some perks to this over the old, now have a fan in the hard drive bay. Also I will have front panel USB! I do not have the correct sized fan for the rear exhaust, but it has enough screw hole to put in a smaller one. You can see dust on both the video and sound card, however it does not come off with the canned air.

2014-12-21160413_zpsd6be2384.jpg

PSU fit nice without needing for an adapter plate.

2014-12-21160709_zpsa9d4e0ad.jpg

Need one more side panel thumb screw. The side panel is not in perfect shape, but it stays on.

2014-12-21160811_zpsfd526ee6.jpg

Also need to put in a black floppy drive. I have them but not handy. I have not turned it on yet! I hope it works! Will get the rest together on the upcoming weekend.

Ain't that a Chenbro SR209? dubbio.gif

Chenbro chassis do rock! :yes: 

SR209 seems to have a lock on the back by the PSU, SR105 does not. Do you know a way to tell other than measuring the dimensions?

No. You're actually right. Even the lock is optional to both it seems. I do have an SR-209: it's Depth is 18"3/16 (19"1/4 with the front bezel). And both take a 120 mm fan at the back and up to two 92 mm fans in front (middle and lower). I gave mine three Noctuas, which one barely hears any sound from.

Dell Optiplex 780:

2.93GHz Core 2 Duo

8GB DDR3 RAM

250GB HDD (7200 rpm) + 1TB USB External HDD (5400 rpm)

About 1.7 GB of graphics memory

DVD-ROM drive

Windows 7 Pro x64