missing files

gdkehl

In source I have sp1 and sp2 cabs.

amdk7.sys and tunmp.sys are in sp1

mssmbios.sys is in sp2

after running hfslip sourcess does not have any spX.cab files

It's probably not related, but I see now that HFSLIP requires you to have the correct tag file in the root of the SOURCE folder. For Windows XP Home SP2, that would be "win51ic.SP2". Check that it's there...

I'll run hfslip again after placing that file in source root.

Where did you find that?

How about this:

put xp cd in cdrom

run hfslip

put code in hfslip to copy what's needed

nevermind on the source root files found it

[Attachment removed]

after running hfslip sourcess does not have any spX.cab files
Like I said... that's the point of merging options A, B and C.
I'll run hfslip again after placing that file in source root.

Where did you find that?

In the code, haha.

Download the attached file, place it in the HFSLIP folder and run it. Note what is echo'd on the screen and post back.

Edited by Tomcat76

I placed the files in the source root and in sourcess I still don't have any spX cabs
Again: you are not supposed to have any spx.cab files when choosing options A, B or C for the merging. So just don't think about it.

When you run HFSLIP with that win51ic.SP2 tag file in the SOURCE folder, does driver.cab in SOURCESS\I386 finally contain the three missing files?

Incidentally... Have you removed the read-only attribute off of every file and folder in the SOURCE folder after you copied them from the CD?

Try this...

Download the attached file and place it in the HFSLIP folder.

Delete the SOURCESS folder.

Run the file.

This is gonna take a while. When it's finished, open up driver.cab (which will be in SOURCESS\I386) and see if the missing files are in there.

Don't use this file on your CD. It only upgrades driver.cab to SP2 level; it doesn't contain the updates from the hotfixes. It's a test.

I noticed a hotfix listed on your ERROR_REPORT that shouldn't be there since you're using XP Home.

You downloaded WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe, but this is specifically for XP Media Center Edition 2005. What I believe you want are the WMP9/10 codecs. Extract that file and place only wmfdist95.exe in the HF folder.

Also, just wondering, what do you need WindowsMedia-KB891122-x86-ENU.exe for?

Please check the rest of the hotfixes you have against Tomcat's list here or at this alternate link.

-- Super-Magician :)