• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
piedus

Java Runtime Silent install switches

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I´m making an w2k ui cd, founde this remark at sun java website:

Here is the command line for installing in silent mode:

<jre>.exe [/L<language ID>]/s /v "/qn [ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] | ALL] [iEXPLORER=1] [NETSCAPE6=1] [MOZILLA=1] [iNSTALLDIR=<drive>:\<install_path>] [REBOOT=Suppress] [JAVAUPDATE=0] [WEBSTARTICON=0]"

where

<jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the Java Runtime Environment (JRE); /L<language ID> , if used, sets the localized language for the installer (see language IDs); ADDLOCAL, if used, is either jrecore[,extra][,other_US] or ALL; IEXPLORER=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with the Internet Explorer browser; NETSCAPE6=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Netscape 6 or later browsers; MOZILLA=1 indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Mozilla 1.1 and later browsers; INSTALLDIR, if used, specifies the drive and path of the installation; REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted; JAVAUPDATE=0, if used, indicates that the Java Update feature should be disabled (the Update tab in the Java Plug-in Control Panel will not appear); and WEBSTARTICON=0, if used, tells the installer to not create the Java Web Start icon on the desktop.

so I now use following command in my runonceex:

REG ADD %KEY%\zz39 /VE /D "Java Runtime" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\zz39 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\j2re-1_4_2_10-windows-i586-p.exe /1031 /s /v "/qn IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress WEBSTARTICON=0" /f

Somehow this doesn´t work, can somebody have a look what i´m doing wrong?

Note the "WEBSTARTICON=0". I saw a lot of "cleanup.cmd´s" doing that manually...

Hi,

I´m making an w2k ui cd, founde this remark at sun java website:

Here is the command line for installing in silent mode:

<jre>.exe [/L<language ID>] /s /v "/qn [ADDLOCAL=jrecore[,extra][,other_US] | ALL] [iEXPLORER=1] [NETSCAPE6=1] [MOZILLA=1] [iNSTALLDIR=<drive>:\<install_path>] [REBOOT=Suppress] [JAVAUPDATE=0] [WEBSTARTICON=0]"

where

<jre>.exe is the single executable installer for the Java Runtime Environment (JRE); /L<language ID> , if used, sets the localized language for the installer (see language IDs); ADDLOCAL, if used, is either jrecore[,extra][,other_US] or ALL; IEXPLORER=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with the Internet Explorer browser; NETSCAPE6=1, if used, indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Netscape 6 or later browsers; MOZILLA=1 indicates that the Plug-in should be registered with Mozilla 1.1 and later browsers; INSTALLDIR, if used, specifies the drive and path of the installation; REBOOT=Suppress, if used, indicates that if locked files are encountered the computer should not be rebooted; JAVAUPDATE=0, if used, indicates that the Java Update feature should be disabled (the Update tab in the Java Plug-in Control Panel will not appear); and WEBSTARTICON=0, if used, tells the installer to not create the Java Web Start icon on the desktop.

so I now use following command in my runonceex:

REG ADD %KEY%\zz39 /VE /D "Java Runtime" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\zz39 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\j2re-1_4_2_10-windows-i586-p.exe /1031 /s /v "/qn IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress WEBSTARTICON=0" /f

Somehow this doesn´t work, can somebody have a look what i´m doing wrong?

Note the "WEBSTARTICON=0". I saw a lot of "cleanup.cmd´s" doing that manually...

Your Lang switch is does not look correct.

I do not use switches to suppress reboot or desktop icon as it is not required as no reboot or desktop icon creation happens.

I happen to have the same problem with install failing. That's what I use (through WPI):

%wpipath%\Install\jre.exe /s /v "/qn IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1"

Tried with no space between /v and " and with /S instead of /s with no avail :\

File is jre-1_5_0_11-windows-i586-p-s.exe

EDIT: Figured it out. Install failed because the version of JRE on my VM was already the one being installed. Sorry for unnecessary thread necromancy.

Edited by Steam Trout