[Help] Blank DVD that contains data but appears blank in XP

KamiQuazi

Strange ... thats a shame, must be different for movie dvd's as a pose to data DVD's.

Did u say whether u burnt it yourself or not and if so .... what program u used, and whether you finalised it. If you did burn it yourself, have you tried opening the disk in the burning program as i did ... maybe you can see the data in there ....

if not ...... i'm all out, sorry

:rolleyes: andoc

ps. i suppose if your playing it in standalone DVD players it'd have to be finalised yeah? All the best

lostincyberspace2007

If I understand You, You not tried this disk in other PC`s DVD-ROM. Two years ago I had Sony CRX300E. My CRX300E cann`t read DVD-ROMs from one magazine (this disks was seemed as blank), but other CRX300E can read this disks :)

also try freeware DVDInfo from dvdinfopro.com

maybe new firmware for your dvd drive help You ;)

Is the drive itself even able to read from the disc? If it is, then a sector-by-sector copy, ignoring the logical structure, should succeed. But, if it cannot even read the disc, like ISOBuster claimed it was not there, then there's something wrong with that drive...

There is a firmware update for my drive but it won't let me update the drive... maybe thats it.. but i don;t know... I know yesterday i read a DVD-Video Disc, and burned a DVD and it all worked... so how can it be the drive?

Some drives can be very picky about the media you put in there. Some like light dye, some like dark. Others have trouble with discs you can see through.

Put the disc in another computer, and tell us the result. Another thing you can try is uninstalling the DVD drive in the Device Manager and restarting your computer - just a thought. Also, do you have Autorun enabled or disabled, same with Auto Insert Notification...

I was just thinking about something, I haven't read this thread for a while so excuse me if I'm repeating something. Under an ISO reader, extract the boot file. Rename it, if you have to, to a .bif extension. Open it up in the ISO reader again and there should be files in there. Active@ does this for their free utility. They save the programs in the boot file.