Which Winamp version do you use?

TravisO

Which Winamp version do you use?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Winamp version do you use?

• Winamp 2.x
    • Winamp 3.x
    • Winamp 5.x

Considering that WinAmp 2.91 is the final version of Winamp 2.x, imho you're missing out not upgrading to that.

I can understand prefering 2.x, because it does use less memory and loads up faster, but I'd still think everybody would at least want the "final" version of the software they love.

say what you want i just want to reccomend a program ive been using for a while: XMPlay. I never liked winamp but i understand some people use it for the plugins etc. The good news is most/all winamp plugins work the same with XMPlay. XMPlay is also efficient like winamp 2 but you can skin it like winamp 5. Its only 253kb, saves its settings in an ini file in the appdata folder and therefore is also portable.

I posted some screenshot of it here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=438521

Also I would just like to hear why people would still prefer to use winamp when other software like XMPlay, Foobar, and Muzicube are out there?

I acctually after posting here i decided to take another look at 2.81 and decided that with the modern skin (the one that makes it look like winamp 5) it is far better than 5. Its way faster and IF i wanted i could get plugins to do much of what 5 does for 2.

Also I would just like to hear why people would still prefer to use winamp when other software like XMPlay, Foobar, and Muzicube are out there?

Media Library. Plain and simple.

Also, with 5.2, Winamp now has native support for several portable media players (Creative, iPod, etc). These are things that don't come "out of the box" with many other players. Also, Winamp in itself isn't all that bad. When you've got a decent system, why do you worry about 10MB of RAM? Do you keep your media player open when you play games or do other really really heavy stuff?