Nero 7.0.5.4 Silent Install - No Errors

sho_gun

I have leeched information from this forum for months now since getting bitten by the unattended install bug - here's my contribution in return, I hope it works for everyone else as I have only two similar PC's available to test it on. I never figured out how to stop the start menu entries from being made, so if anyone else figures this out, please post.

This results in a WinRAR sfx packaged installer of 27.4 MB. There are no error pop ups, Nero Scout is not installed, nerocheck.exe is disabled, full start menu is created ("Nero 7 Ultra Edition" as opposed to "Nero 7 Demo") and is the only method that has worked for me on an unattended install DVD.

Extract Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt.exe to a folder ... call it NeroX for now.

Delete all BUT the Cab and Setup folders and Nero.msi, then delete contents of the Cab folder. Open the setup folder and delete all the eula's but EULA_enu.rtf and delete NeroDelTmp.exe.

Now back to Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt.exe ... run it as if you were going to install it or upgrade your current installation, then click cancel when it settles in at the first screen were you would click next.

Now put _Cabcopy.cmd in %temp%\Nero7.tmp\Cab and run it.

This created a new folder named "Cab_temp" and copied the required 127 cab files to it. Copy the 127 cab files from "Cab_temp" and paste them into the Cab folder of the NeroX folder created earlier.

Open NeroX\Nero.msi with AdminStudio6, AdminStudio7, InstallShield 11.5, or other Installshield msi editing capable program.

Go to Installation Designer Tab ---> Organization ---> Setup Design and delete all but Nero Product Setup, Nero Suite Installer and Nero Burning ROM.

Open Nero Suite Installer and delete the two special offer entries.

Open Nero Burning ROM and delete NeroMediaLibraryxxxxx.

Go to Behavior and Logic ---> Property Manager and make the following changes:

NERO_SCOUT=FALSE

Change Product Name if desired (eg drop the Demo from title)

SERIALNUM_CORRECT=TRUE

SERIALNUM_USERVAL=(replace demo serial number with yours)

Click on Direct Editor, then Edit ---> Find - Search for and "drop" all rows with "medialibrary" in them. Run the search until it comes up empty.

Click Project Assistant Tab ---> Application Registry. Click "Yes" to configure the registry and delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\run" this kills nerocheck.exe in the startup configuration. You can also import a reg file that you have previously saved with all your settings on this screen.

Save changes to Nero.msi and close AdminStudio.

Now package the contents of NeroX folder with a self extractor set to execute "Nero.msi STARTPARAM=CallFromExe DONOTRUNSETUPX=1 /QB" without the quotes.

To add other features ...... When you do the AdminStudio part, leave in the feature you want to install. When you try to do the install with your output, there will be an error box pop up wanting a particular Cab file. Remember the Cabs in %temp%\Nero7.tmp\Cab? They will be there. Keep track of what Cabs you have to add for what feature and post back here and we can have a data base of required Cabs for selected features until someone comes up with a better install procedure.

_CABcopy.cmd

Edited by sho_gun

Extract Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt.exe to a folder ... call it NeroX for now.

Admin or just open with winrar?

Cant you just upload it somewhere?

Just extract with WinRAR - the Admin install function of this program doesn't seem to work correctly.

Given my serial number is imbedded in it, I don't think so :D

What does "Empty the cab folder" mean? Delete what's in it? Move the cab files? Extract the cab files?

[EDIT]

NVM. Delete all the cab files in the folder. On a note, I'm working my way through your steps and see that your cmd file doesn't work properly for me (at least on my x64 system). Attached is the minor change I made so that it works but puts the selected cabs into the C:\Documents and Settings\*USER*\Local Settings\Temp\Nero7.tmp\Cab\CAB_Temp directory

[/EDIT]

_CABcopy.cmd

Edited by Screwz Luse

I just went through all the steps and it worked like a charm for me... I burned a test audio CD and had no trouble at all... The start menu icons were all made and everything. Thanks a lot for the work.

Minor Note: The Entry

HKLM\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\run

should be

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\run

I just went through all the steps and it worked like a charm for me... I burned a test audio CD and had no trouble at all... The start menu icons were all made and everything. Thanks a lot for the work.

Minor Note: The Entry

HKLM\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\run

should be

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\run

I corrected the registry address and also deleted my _CABcopy.cmd and replaced with yours and edited the directions for its use instead so the same file will work for all.

maybe i'm stupid but i have edit the nero.msi without doing the admin install and also that works and the links in the start menu are beeing made correct it works like charm nero scout isn't instaled and only the apps that i wont are installed its a version from a full cd of nero 7.054 multilanguage i know its a large package but it works :o

p.s.

what i found is that wen you already had an install off the full package whit evrything installed and deinstaled it with the nero cleaner nero scout keeps comming back.

Edited by dakota19

Nero-7.0.5.4_eng switchless setup. /qn command (totally silent)

Features:

Nero Burning Rom

Nero Express

Nero Image Drive

Special Features

---- Nero Fast CD-DVD Burning Plug-in

Nero Start Smart

Tools

----Nero CD-DVD speed

----Nero DriveSpeed

----Nero BurnRights

----Nero Info Tool

File size : 24.3 MB

The installer is only for WinXP, features for win9x removed. Using original SetupX.exe and Nero.msi

Just removed other program features from original installer (Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_no_yt)

No worried about program stability by setup from this installer as it same as original installer function.

Removed features:

Nero Home

Nero Vision

Nero Show Time

Nero Recode

Nero Media Home

Nero BackItUp

Nero Cover Designer

Nero Photo Snap

Nero Wave Editor

Nero Sound Trax

Nero Scout

InCDC

Download from the link below:

19 Feb 2006 - Upload new fixed switchless installer. problem with adding file in Nero Express, dll not register fixed.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13606313/Nero-7.0.5.4_eng_silent.exe.html

my simple instruction how to make the installer here

Edited by mayang

p.s.
what i found is that wen you already had an install off the full package whit evrything installed and deinstaled it with the nero cleaner nero scout keeps comming back.

If Nero Scout still appears in your windows explorer, you can remove it by using regedit or unregister the dll.

Use any method you like as below:

1. Open RegEdit then go to the following KEY and delete it...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{3D6BE802-FC0D-4595-A304-E611F97089DC}

or,

2. Go to start menu and run:

regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

Because NeroScout use your computer memory for indexing in background, your computer will become slow at sometimes. This is one of the reason why I'm not include NeroScout to my switchless installer above.

Edited by mayang

Strange. i dont have this strings

Go to Behavior and Logic ---> Property Manager and make the following changes:

NERO_SCOUT=FALSE

Change Product Name if desired (eg drop the Demo from title)

SERIALNUM_CORRECT=TRUE

SERIALNUM_USERVAL=(replace demo serial number with yours)

In Property Manager i didnot have ANY strings!!!???

• 3 months later...

OK all verry clear done it no problem but, I end up with a 160Mb exe file.

I'm probably stupid but how do I create the selfextractor without all the cab files but only the necessaryones?

:blushing: