.Net 2.0 revisited

clintb

Ok, so I've got everything working like a charm with HFSLIP, including .Net 1.1 sp1. No matter what I do though, I can't get .Net 2.0 to install.

I've tried the RyanVM switchless installer in HFSVPK...found out it's not supported via service pack install.

I've tried one from Rogue Spear in HFSVPK...doesn't get installed.

Found a post by Tomcat that said an installer from Zxian would work via HFSVPK and it doesn't. Here's the post: Post

On all three methods, I've done the first reboot when the textmode is complete, get to the desktop and pop open task manager to see if the silent installer is going...nothing.

I'm totally confused.

ERROR_REPORT.TXT

Edited by clintb

On all three methods, I've done the first reboot when the textmode is complete, get to the desktop and pop open task manager to see if the silent installer is going...nothing.
This is the part I don't really understand in your post. The silent installers are installed during the "Registering components" phase of Windows installation (from 13 minutes before finish onwards, or "T-13"), so I don't understand what the Task Manager has to do with it. HFSLIP doesn't do any actual program installation during RunOnceEx, if that's what you were thinking. All additional programs are installed before the final reboot while RunOnceEx is only used to do a couple of final regedits.

.NET 2.0...

You know... I'm actually not entirely sure of my claims in the post you're linking to. I never had a program installed which required .NET 2.0 so I was never really able to verify if it's installed properly. All I can say is that Zxian's installer is the only one that installs anything. Check in WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 to see what I mean.

I've done a lot of testing recently with HFSLIP and it's been over a month since I included .NET 2.0. Maybe something "happened" which prevents it from being installed correctly in the latest releases of HFSLIP, but I personally doubt that's the case.

Hi.

I´ve read about this problem in two other forums. They came to the End that it is impossible installing net 2.0 at T12 or T 13. They prefer the installation with a switchless installer at the first logon via GuiRunonce in Winnt.sif.

Thats what i´ve read about, i´ve never tried cause i don´t use it.

This is the part I don't really understand in your post. The silent installers are installed during the "Registering components" phase of Windows installation (from 13 minutes before finish onwards, or "T-13"), so I don't understand what the Task Manager has to do with it. HFSLIP doesn't do any actual program installation during RunOnceEx, if that's what you were thinking. All additional programs are installed before the final reboot while RunOnceEx is only used to do a couple of final regedits.
Ah, ok. For some reason I was thinking that there were some packages of .Net 2.0 which would install during the T -13 stage and then others on first reboot or at the desktop via RunOnceEx. I've read so many threads on .Net 2.0 my head is spinning.
.NET 2.0...

You know... I'm actually not entirely sure of my claims in the post you're linking to. I never had a program installed which required .NET 2.0 so I was never really able to verify if it's installed properly. All I can say is that Zxian's installer is the only one that installs anything. Check in WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 to see what I mean.

It was in another thread I started about HFSLPxxx.inf and you pointed to Zxian's .net 2.0 installer. It seems there's really no way, as stated above, that 2.0 can be installed in any other fashion than RunOnceEx. Now I just need to research that as I'm new to all this...
I've done a lot of testing recently with HFSLIP and it's been over a month since I included .NET 2.0. Maybe something "happened" which prevents it from being installed correctly in the latest releases of HFSLIP, but I personally doubt that's the case.
Yeah, that's the confusing part. I've seen some threads that kinda seemed to say things were good to go with HFSLIP and .net 2.0, but others that say it's just fubar. Oh well, one out of how many things that HFSLIP works perfectly on? I'm just glad HFSLIP is so kick a$$. Kudos to you and tommyp.