jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe

hi all, I am on fire with my dvd its coming out nice, little bites and pieces thou, really quick which I need. (oh and before posting I tried doing a search and for some reason search on the Forum is not working is anybody having the same issues)?

Well right now I just need the ending to this;

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Java 1.5.0.06" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%PP%Java\jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn /f

I know I am missing something but I dont know what it is...

Thanks,

You left off the " at the end of the line

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%PP%Java\jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn /f

Should be

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%PP%Java\jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn" /f

Deleted.

I was still half asleep when writing that reply.

Oh well, let's try again.

As you are not specifying any parameters after the /qn switch, it should IMO be like this:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%PP%Java\jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v\"/qn\"" /f

Edited by Rambler

Thanks I will try that, I thought I was missing something at the end to represent EXPLORER or something. I thought I seen that somewhere.

Thanks,

This is my line of installing java 1.5.06

"%CDROM%\Install\SunJava\J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6.msi" /qb-! Custom=1 AddLocal=ALL IExplorer=1 Javaupdate=1 Reboot=Suppress

I believe you have to write -a %yourjavaname%.exe to get the msi. I am not sure, try search...

edit: Please take a look here:

Http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/...ide/silent.html

I now use this:

"%CDROM%\Install\SunJava\jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe" /s Custom=1 AddLocal=ALL IExplorer=1 Javaupdate=1 Reboot=Suppress

Its 10MB smaller than the first one. :w00t:

Edited by SolidasRock

SolidasRock

I now use this:

CODE

"%CDROM%\Install\SunJava\jre-1_5_0_06-windows-i586-p.exe" /s Custom=1 AddLocal=ALL IExplorer=1 Javaupdate=1 Reboot=Suppress

Its 10MB smaller than the first one. woot.gif

That is what I was looking for.

Thanks all your help, I will try and let you guys now how it goes.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't work on my computer and I don't know why. There isn't any error message just don't install java :(

Do you know what is the problem?

@solid,

the provided url is a bit strange.

hatried it and went nowhere so copied link and noticed a duplication in he http://, so i removed and it now works:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/...ide/silent.html

@ryaren,

how do you install? and where in the order process? also, if you used nlite to remove IE then replace iexporer=1 with mozilla=1 and may be worth doing with the log file creation to see what errors it shows up