Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

how to OVERBURN a 700mb cd to 800mb

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ideas

ideas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined 29-January 06
hi everyone, i would like to know which software & wat brand cd or dvd burner will i hav to use to OVERBURN a 700mb cd to 800mb

THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR SOLUTIONS

Edited by ideas, 18 February 2006 - 12:20 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ripken204

ripken204

The Hardware Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts
  • Joined 23-December 04
almost all burners can do it, nero is able to do it, and almost all types of media can do it

but getting 100mb of overburn will most likely not work, just use a dvd

Desktop: || lappped Q6700 w/ lapped TRUE || ASUS P5Q Deluxe|| Sapphire 4870 1GB || Mushkin Ascent XP2-8500 (2x2GB) || 2 x WD6400AAKS || Corsair HX620W || Lian-Li PC-60FB || 2 x BenQ G2400WD || Vista Ultimate 64bit || Samsung SH-S223Q || Logitech MX518 || Logitech Ultra-X || SteelSeries SX || Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 || ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe ||
Server: || E5200 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 || ASUS P5Q-EM || EVGA 8800GTS G92 w/ Accelero S1 R2 || G.SKILL 6400 2x2GB || 1 x WD6400AAKS || 4 x 1TB Samsung F1 || SeaSonic M12II SS-500GM || Antec Three Hundred || Samsung SH-203BL || Ubuntu 8.10 ||

ideas

ideas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Joined 29-January 06

almost all burners can do it, nero is able to do it, and almost all types of media can do it

but getting 100mb of overburn will most likely not work, just use a dvd

SO WTAS THE MAX OVERBURN I CAN GET? & CAN U TELL ME HOW TO GET THAT AMT TO OVERBURN

EGRES

EGRES

• 16 posts
  • Joined 23-March 05
Plextor wit GIGAREC could do it, but also plextor would be the only that could read it.
As far as i can tell you can overburn about 2 minutes of capacity (cca 18MB) but it is better to use nero Generate short leadout option it gives you 12MB of capacity w/o overburning.

Edited by EGRES, 17 February 2006 - 12:23 AM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,845 posts
  • Joined 18-September 03
With the short leadout option I got about a 730 meg cd burnt. They just can't really hold more than that.

This however may help you:

http://www.afterdawn...rchive/2881.cfm

Edited by kelsenellenelvian, 17 February 2006 - 01:38 AM.

LLXX

LLXX

MSFN Junkie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts
  • Joined 04-December 05
Haven't reached 800mb with my Liteon burner and generic media, but close... 782. I think it's the media, since there are read errors near the end and they are intermittent. From what I've heard others say, this one can read up to 870mb.

There is also 800, 850, and 900mb media available.

Innocent Devil

Innocent Devil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05
800MB cd is actually 90 min cd
for 90min it ca hav max of 791MB
no more
"The level of security that Vista is trying to achieve to protect video and audio is more extreme than anything the US government has ever considered necessary for protecting its most sensitive classified data."

Read Full Article @ [A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection]

Don't be lame [Linux is NOT Windows]

xtremee

xtremee

Windows Xpire Tech Center

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
Hi all,
i also have 894 MB and wanna to burn them on (GIGA MAX) 900 MB CD but i try nero (adjusting to 100min and allow overburn with disk-at-once) but i don't work
i try it alot and i fed up of this.

Regards,
Xtremee

Andromeda43

Andromeda43

Retired PC Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Joined 14-August 05
I've got a novel suggestion...

Why not use the hardware the way it was originally designed instead of always looking for some way to overclock, overburn, overeat, overdrink, etc.

Any time you exceed the spec's of anything you risk compatibility issues.

For instance, burn a CD at 52x (very foolish) and you'll seldom if ever read it on a 4x reader.
Again, burn to a Black CD and you'll never read it on an older reader.

If you want inter-drive compatibility, stay simple and as generic as possible with all you do.
Need more space? Do what the rest of us have already done and get one of the new DVD-DL drives.
Nine gigs of data on just one DVD should take care of your storage needs.
Or wait a few months for the new Blue Ray drives, (currently approaching production) for Fifty Gigs of storage on a single disk.

Anyone want to buy a couple hundred coasters?
I learned my lessons the hard way,

cheers
Andromeda43 :hello:
A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users