[discontinued] Winamp AudioPlayer

Shark007

to Shark007

good job thanks a lot dude ;) anyway i would like to know how to integrate a language for take it default and after that how to repack it and thanks .

sorry but I am not a winamp user. I create this installer for those that want it.

A language addon is provided but I have no clue how to set a certain language as default.

It may be as simple as replacing the winamp.ini file within the installer...

shark

to Shark007

good job thanks a lot dude ;) anyway i would like to know how to integrate a language for take it default and after that how to repack it and thanks .

sorry but I am not a winamp user. I create this installer for those that want it.

A language addon is provided but I have no clue how to set a certain language as default.

It may be as simple as replacing the winamp.ini file within the installer...

shark

anyway for adding a theme for e.g first i extract winamp.exe i put my skin into theme folder and after i don't know how to rapack it to winamp.exe ? and thanks for your help.

anyway for adding a theme for e.g first i extract winamp.exe i put my skin into theme folder and after i don't know how to rapack it to winamp.exe ? and thanks for your help.

If your theme of choice is not already in my installer, you cannot just add it yourself.

I suggest you make your theme into a self extracting executable (WinRAR.exe) that extracts to the proper folder.

The only modifications that can be made to my installer is to REPLACE existing files with files of the same filename.

sharl

• 4 weeks later...
What do i have to change to set it so that winamp shows in taskbar and nolonger in system tray? and what to change to see song numer in taskbar?

for the rest i really like the addon :)

With it already installed, make whatever changes/prefereces you prefer.

Then get the winamp.ini file from your working installation and replace the file in my installer with your winamp.ini file

If you don't know how to repackage my 7zip installer research these forums for instruction.

shark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i dont know whats the problem...

i installed winamp with WPI but when i try to open any file i see %filename% ...not the right name of the songs :wacko:

whats wrong?? if i download the official winamp version, there isnt a problem :blink:

post-188605-1210392362_thumb.jpg

i dont know whats the problem...

i installed winamp with WPI but when i try to open any file i see %filename% ...not the right name of the songs :wacko:

whats wrong?? if i download the official winamp version, there isnt a problem :blink:

You are correct. i have taken the distributed file offline

ETA untill a replacement is available ... none.

For those looking to make winamp into thier own AUDIOPLAYER ...

I have attached the plugin file that removes the video options from the player. just overwrite the existing file in the plugins folder.

shark

in_wm.7z

That's too bad. You did a great job with this silent/stripped version of Winamp. Thanks for all of the hard work you did!

Since you are discontinuing, is there any way that you could tell us how you edited the install file to strip out the crap? I love winamp, and love not having all the extra "junk" installed on a silent installation.

I would like to use your expertise to be able to make my own stripped/silent version of winamp. I know how to repack into a 7zip silent installer, but don't know how you managed to actually edit the Nullsoft setup file, and then repack it.

Thanks again Shark!

That's too bad. You did a great job with this silent/stripped version of Winamp. Thanks for all of the hard work you did!

Since you are discontinuing, is there any way that you could tell us how you edited the install file to strip out the crap? I love winamp, and love not having all the extra "junk" installed on a silent installation.

I would like to use your expertise to be able to make my own stripped/silent version of winamp. I know how to repack into a 7zip silent installer, but don't know how you managed to actually edit the Nullsoft setup file, and then repack it.

Thanks again Shark!

guys..did you read my post?? :blink:

this is the most easy metod for install any winamp without a click!

did i write right the post? :wacko: maybe its so confused :unsure:

AutoIT is a great utility. But, Shark edits the original installer package so that all of that junk is physically removed. This means the setup file is smaller, AND you can customize it to place shortcuts where you want them to be prior to installation. I am not saying that your script is bad or wrong, but I prefer to edit straight from the source if possible and only use AutoIT as an absolute last resort. Helps shave down the footprint my install files take up on a fresh windows cd.

With that said, any input Shark?