• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Shark007

[discontinued] Winamp AudioPlayer

182 posts in this topic

i dont know whats the problem...

i installed winamp with WPI but when i try to open any file i see %filename% ...not the right name of the songs :wacko:

whats wrong?? if i download the official winamp version, there isnt a problem :blink:

You are correct. i have taken the distributed file offline

ETA untill a replacement is available ... none.

For those looking to make winamp into thier own AUDIOPLAYER ...

I have attached the plugin file that removes the video options from the player. just overwrite the existing file in the plugins folder.

shark

in_wm.7z

That's too bad. You did a great job with this silent/stripped version of Winamp. Thanks for all of the hard work you did!

Since you are discontinuing, is there any way that you could tell us how you edited the install file to strip out the crap? I love winamp, and love not having all the extra "junk" installed on a silent installation.

I would like to use your expertise to be able to make my own stripped/silent version of winamp. I know how to repack into a 7zip silent installer, but don't know how you managed to actually edit the Nullsoft setup file, and then repack it.

Thanks again Shark!

ok so what now... how do we make wa customized and unattended...

there was this one person who made this installer so perfect.. wonder where he went

That's too bad. You did a great job with this silent/stripped version of Winamp. Thanks for all of the hard work you did!

Since you are discontinuing, is there any way that you could tell us how you edited the install file to strip out the crap? I love winamp, and love not having all the extra "junk" installed on a silent installation.

I would like to use your expertise to be able to make my own stripped/silent version of winamp. I know how to repack into a 7zip silent installer, but don't know how you managed to actually edit the Nullsoft setup file, and then repack it.

Thanks again Shark!

guys..did you read my post?? :blink:

this is the most easy metod for install any winamp without a click!

did i write right the post? :wacko: maybe its so confused :unsure:

AutoIT is a great utility. But, Shark edits the original installer package so that all of that junk is physically removed. This means the setup file is smaller, AND you can customize it to place shortcuts where you want them to be prior to installation. I am not saying that your script is bad or wrong, but I prefer to edit straight from the source if possible and only use AutoIT as an absolute last resort. Helps shave down the footprint my install files take up on a fresh windows cd.

With that said, any input Shark?

well...

first..its not my script ^^

maybe you dont know there is a winamp lite version...it has 3,27mb only..

the installer only come with a emusic shorcut..(that you can choose not install)

winamp remote and winamp toolbar only are download if you select that..AND if you are connected to internet then..

only using autoit, you can write your install directory, delete/add winamp shorcuts at the desktop or start menu..or all the winamp options with the next metod:

example: (enter) (enter) (tab) (tab) (enter)

(like using the keyboard..its the same)

i thought that that program was very difficult..but its the most easy ever! O_o

i use my own simple script to install audio-only features.

i think that grabbing the files from program files and appdata may work. If somone wants to try it, just install it normally, configure everything you want, then try to repack it into a sfx archive or another setup format. Don't forget registry entries and maybe some dll's need to be registered, but most apps do this when they are ran.