After having a hard time getting BartPE to work as intended, I decided to write a short tutorial for those coming after me.
So, let's get started.
1. Download BartPE and install it. I trust, this does not require further explanation.
2. Create your unattended CD/DVD.
3. Take your i386 folder from your original distro dir and put it into a newly to create xp directory.
So your dir should be: distrodir\xp\i386. This is, because BartPE uses the i386 directory for Windows components.
4. Create a new i386 directory in your distro dir. Inside, create a System32 dir. Inside that, we will put our config files for partitioning and stuff.
5. Put your $oem$ folder INSIDE distro\xp\i386
6. Create your config files. Mine look like this:
DISKPART /s partinfo.txt FORMAT c: /fs:ntfs /Q /V:Local /Y FORMAT D: /fs:ntfs /Q /V:Local /Y FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\AUTORUN.INF SET CDROM=%%i: %CDROM%\xp\i386\winnt32.exe /syspart:c: /tempdrive:d /unattend:"%CDROM%\xp\i386\winnt.sif" /makelocalsource
SELECT DISK 0 CLEAN CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY size=2048 ASSIGN ACTIVE CREATE PARTITION EXTENDED CREATE PARTITION LOGICAL ASSIGN EXIT
7. now, create your BartPE project and test it. It should work fine. Note, that this has a positive side effect. Since a local source is created, you may take your CD out if there is no software to be installed from it.
This should be the hard part. Feel free to extend this tutorial.