Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Slipstreaming question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dels

Dels

X2K Project Leader

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
a newbie need some explanation (again?!)
1. i have win2k system with usp5.1 installed and i'm very happy with that thing
2. a few days ago my pc going wierd (didn't want to boot) and i repair with my win2k cd
3. i think the problem solved but, my pc keep restarting when i play some games or application
4. i right-clicked "my computer" and OMG there is the problem, the windows read system as only pure win2k without any sp pack installed
5. i go to control panel and tried to uninstall some program i added after usp5.1 installed was before installing (again) usp5.1 like .NetFramework 2.0 and voila windows refuses to uninstall it (this thing likely the most common problems)
6. i think i better format my HDD and installing my os again so i really need some explain about slipstreaming usp 5.1 to a virgin win2k cd and make it bootable or atleast i can make win2k integrated usp5 cd incase i need it for recovery purpose (if this thing happen again)

NB:
1. i need better recomendation of steps i should take, i've search over google and found 2 method the cmd and NLite method, which one better for newbie? and which one is safer method?
2. i have recent NLite version and .NetFramework 2.0

thx for all helps
Posted Image
X2K Project
Click Me

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Dels

Dels

X2K Project Leader

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
2 days without reply, is this topic too hard to answer? :(

Edited by Dels, 27 February 2006 - 05:01 AM.

Posted Image
X2K Project
Click Me

trickytwista

trickytwista

Nlite user n lovin' it

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
try nlite on it

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
sorry i didn't reply sooner....

i have 1 question for you -

when you repaired your windows did you use your SP5 slipstreamed CD or a (pure widnows w/o any SP's)

anyway for a quick fix id recomand you to either re-install (or if you cant or dont want to) re-installle the uSP5 If you stil have the exe (win2k-usp51.exe) just run in on your machine, that should help......
[message of the .....whatever]
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!
Where is the "any key" ???

Dels

Dels

X2K Project Leader

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

when you repaired your windows did you use your SP5 slipstreamed CD or a (pure widnows w/o any SP's)

i use a virgin win 2k cd and i want to make slipstreamed usp5.1 cd now

just go with nlite hope it works (gee i need to go to my friend house cause i don't have cd-rw drive :D )
Posted Image
X2K Project
Click Me

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
that explaines why you didn't have any sp installed after repairing...

good luck with making the new cdrom...
[message of the .....whatever]
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!
Where is the "any key" ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN