Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Slipstream Office 2003 SP2

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

apex2000

apex2000

• Members
  • 11 posts
This thread has been updated here: http://www.msfn.org/...oad-t89038.html

I have been going through the intermediate section of the unattended setup of WinXP and come to the section on Office 2003. There, it tells you how to slipstream Office 2003 SP1, and it works as I have tried it [though not tried to install Office after slipstreaming].

So, I began to think about slipstreaming Office 2003 SP2. I have the necessary file: Office2003SP2-KB887616-FullFile-ENU.exe

So, I followed the instructions as for SP1 and changed as necessary for SP2:

msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
msiexec /p C:\SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

Everything went well, unexpectedly? I have yet to try to install from the resulting files, but I would bet my left testicle that it will work.

Does anyone know any differently?

BTW, if anyone wants the SP2 file, mail me and I'll upload to somewhere for you.

Thanks to all on the forums. I have learnt so much since finding this site.

Regards from Thailand [I'm English actually]

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

apex2000

apex2000

• Members
  • 11 posts
Since my first post, I have installed [unattended] WinXP from the beginner's section and then attempted to install the SP2 slipstreamed version of Office 2003. And, it worked :P

Following that, I went to the Office update site and found that three updates were needed:

office2003-KB907417-FullFile-ENU.exe 298 KB
office2003-KB911961-FullFile-ENU.exe 3.27 MB
Office2003mui-KB892843-FullFile-ENU.exe 5.35 MB

These, I have downloaded. After updating via the web, I went back to the Office update site and it did not report that any other updates were necessary.

Therefore, maybe the intermediate section of the tutorial could be updated to use SP2, not SP1, and could mention the other three required updates as above.

Again, if anyone wants these files, mail me and I'll uplaod them somewhere.

Regards.

jftuga

jftuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
You mentioned that there are 3 post SP2 updates. Is there anyway to incorporate (aka slipstream) those onto a installation CD similar to the way you did the SP2 slipstream?

Thanks,
-John

jftuga

jftuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
OK, I found the answer... which is yes, this can be done...
http://www.petri.co....ipstreaming.htm

On this website is another page discussing slipstreaming SP2...

-John

ozone_pilot

ozone_pilot

• Members
  • 15 posts

I have been going through the intermediate section of the unattended setup of WinXP and come to the section on Office 2003. There, it tells you how to slipstream Office 2003 SP1, and it works as I have tried it [though not tried to install Office after slipstreaming].

So, I began to think about slipstreaming Office 2003 SP2. I have the necessary file: Office2003SP2-KB887616-FullFile-ENU.exe

So, I followed the instructions as for SP1 and changed as necessary for SP2:

msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
msiexec /p C:\SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

Everything went well, unexpectedly? I have yet to try to install from the resulting files, but I would bet my left testicle that it will work.

Does anyone know any differently?

BTW, if anyone wants the SP2 file, mail me and I'll upload to somewhere for you.

Thanks to all on the forums. I have learnt so much since finding this site.

Regards from Thailand [I'm English actually]

I went one strep further by using office resource kit (ORK) from http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en to complete the package with an unattended Office 2003 SP2 install

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts

Why would you need to, when it can be downloaded directly?
LINK - http://www.msfn.org/...ndpost&p=395906

prathapml

prathapml

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
Well, updated the guide, from SP1 to SP2.

apex2000

apex2000

• Members
  • 11 posts
Thanks to all of you for your help.

Feeling depressed right now because, having gone very carefully through the intermediate section and made a DVD with XP and Office2003 plus a few other things, nothing but XP installed ! :wacko: ! I must have read something wrong or done something wrong but it can wait till tomorrow.

Never give up, that's the answer. Try, try, try again.

And I will.

Cheers.

prathapml

prathapml

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
Whats the method & command you're using?
BTW, thats right, dont give up, it took me 3 tries before I got o2k3 to install right!

ButlerKevinD

ButlerKevinD

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
Here is a batch file I use to slipstream the Office Service Packs and Hotfixes. I just add to it as new updates come out. works like a champ. Of course, edit it to mimic your own directory structure. L8r!

Office 2k3 SP2 Slipstream.bat

rem Slipstream Office System 2003 to SP2msiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Slipstream Office System 2003 Web Componentsmsiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\OWC11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Slipstream Office Frontpage 2003 to SP2msiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\FrontPage2k3\FP11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Slipstream Office System 2003 Web Componentsmsiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Frontpage2k3\OWC11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Slipstream Office Visio 2003 to SP2msiexec /p D:\Office\Visio2003SP2\VISIOSP2.msp /a D:\Office\Visio2k3\VISPRO.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Slipstream Office Project 2003 to SP2msiexec /p D:\Office\Project2003SP2\PROJECTSP2.msp /a D:\Office\Project2k3\PRJPROE.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Slipstream Office System 2003 Web Componentsmsiexec /p D:\Office\Office2003SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a D:\Office\Project2k3\OWC11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Slipstream Office One Note 2003 to SP2msiexec /p D:\Office\OneNote2003SP2\ONENOTESP2.msp /a D:\Office\OneNote2k3\ONOTE11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

Office 2k3 Hotfixes.bat

rem Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB907417\OTKLOADR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Update for Access 2002 (KB904018)rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB904018\MSACCESSff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Update for Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter (KB907492)rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB907492\OUTLFLTR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Update for Excel 2003 (KB905756)rem msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB905756\EXCELff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Update for Excel 2003 (KB913807)msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB913807\OLKINTLff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbmsiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB913807\OUTLOOKff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Update for Excel 2003 (KB913161)msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB913161\OUTLFLTR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Update for Excel 2003 (KB911961)msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB911961\OUTLFLTR.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbrem Update for Excel 2003 (KB892843)msiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB892843\OLKINTLff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qbmsiexec /p D:\Office\Hotfixes\KB892843\OUTLOOKff.msp /a D:\Office\Office2k3\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

Edited by prathapml, 16 March 2006 - 02:36 PM.

damasko

damasko
  • Members
  • 6 posts
can i slipstream sp2 on proofing tools?

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

Honor, Courage, Commitment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Here is a question, i have Officer Pro, Visio, Frontpage, Project, OneNote all 2003 versions, how would i slipstream all of them.

Office Pro 2003 - Disc
Visio - Disc
Frontpage - Disc
Project - Disc
OneNote - Disc

tjtsantos

tjtsantos
  • Members
  • 1 posts

OK, I found the answer... which is yes, this can be done...

On this website is another page discussing slipstreaming SP2...

-John

Hi just new here. I just want to ask about the procedures posted on the above site. I tried the steps on slipstreaming sp2 to Office 2003. I am stuck on "Step 3: Apply SP to the installation files"

using this string:
msiexec /p D:\Office2003SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a D:\Office2003\PRO11.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb

I cannot find PRO11.MSI file. I only have the STD11.MSI and the OWC11.MSI files when it copied to the my specified location as stated on Step 1 (http://www.petri.co....ipstreaming.htm)

Any help is much appreciated

iii333

iii333
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I cannot find PRO11.MSI file. I only have the STD11.MSI and the OWC11.MSI files...

It's normal that you have STD11.MSI instead of PRO11.MSI. Your Office version is Standard (STD) not Professional (PRO). You have to edit msiexec syntax like this
msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\STM11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
and read this wonderful guide to be completely sure :D.

Edited by iii333, 19 August 2006 - 10:50 PM.

iii333

iii333
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I need a help, please!

So, I've created an Administrative Installation Point using my Office11 Pro CD and slipstreamed SP2 & all Hotfixes following this. After that I've successfully installed updated Office form HD. But, after burning (with Nero and UltraISO) my Updated Administrative Installation Point on CD I can't install Office from this CD. I tried to do it on several Windows machines and I always had this error

Posted Image

To insert my original Office CD doesn't help :(. On the net I found the needed DLL Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll is included in Office 2003 PIA download. I downloaded this package and I tried to incorporate it in my Administrative Installation Point without success :(.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Taniniver

Taniniver
  • Members
  • 2 posts
Hi All

I'm trying to create a network installation source for Office 2003 Professional, with SP2 and all hotfixes applied, but running into trouble.

I have run the initial install from CD with the /A option, entered the product key and registration info. Then I have downloaded Office 2003 Service Pack 2, extracted this and applied it to the MSI files. Up to this point is absolutely fine, no problems. I can install from here, and Office 2003 with SP2 installs fine.

The problem comes with trying to integrate the post-SP2 hotfixes. Through installing Office 2003 with SP2 then visiting Microsoft Update, I have found that the following further updates are required at the moment:

Security Update for PowerPoint 2003 (KB916518)
Security Update for Word 2003 (KB917334)
Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103)
Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB920907)
Security Update for Office 2003 (KB921566)
Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB918419)
Security Update for Office 2003 (KB914455)
Update for Outlook 2003 (KB913807)
Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)

I have downloaded the administrative installers for each of these, extracted the MSP files, and then used msiexec to apply them to the office11.msi file in the installation source. This all goes OK, there are no errors generated. However, if I then perform a new clean install from this source, the system does not seem to think these updates have been applied. Visiting the Microsoft Update website, it still downloads and applies them.

Can anyone offer any advice as to anything I might have done wrong, or why this might be failing?

hotpants

hotpants

• Members
  • 19 posts
i have the same problem (as Taniniver above)

with me, i cannot even update... it says that it is already updated... weird

any help would be appreciated, thanks

markajm

markajm

Thou shalt not partake Decaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
@Taniniver try the ms office update site just to be sure http://office.micros...te/default.aspx and see if it also says you need updates.

also, try out this tool Office Update Inventory Tool.

if either of them say that the updates are all installed then your problem is with the MU website.

@hotpants you say you are doing the same as Taniniver... if it lists no new updates and says that it is already updated when visiting the MU site, then isn't that what you are trying to achieve? (an admin install point with all updates to date integrated)

iii333

iii333
  • Members
  • 7 posts
The problem with Microsoft Update is known and was discussed HERE.

A question for ALL PEOPLE:
Do you install updated Office 2K3 from CD or from HardDisk?

Drac0

Drac0

• Members
  • 21 posts

I need a help, please!

So, I've created an Administrative Installation Point using my Office11 Pro CD and slipstreamed SP2 & all Hotfixes following this. After that I've successfully installed updated Office form HD. But, after burning (with Nero and UltraISO) my Updated Administrative Installation Point on CD I can't install Office from this CD. I tried to do it on several Windows machines and I always had this error

Posted Image

To insert my original Office CD doesn't help :(. On the net I found the needed DLL Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll is included in Office 2003 PIA download. I downloaded this package and I tried to incorporate it in my Administrative Installation Point without success :(.

Did you find a fix for this iii333 ? I have the exact same issue. When installed directly from the hard drive, no problems at all. But if I burn the files to cd I get this same error. Only solution I've come up with is NOT to install InfoPath. Installation is fine then.

But why would it install perfectly from the HDD but not CD?

Taniniver

Taniniver
  • Members
  • 2 posts
@markajm and iii333

Thanks a lot for the info. I tried the Office Update website, and that didn't show any updates required, so the issue is with the Microsoft Update website.

FYI iii333, since you wanted to know, I'm installing from harddisk.

Thanks again :thumbup

mik99

mik99
  • Members
  • 1 posts

ok, same problem here

i tried 3x slipstreaming, tryed all that iii333 did, but no success

only way to bypass office installation, is not installing InfoPath

any solution?

ps: iso made with UltraISO

Edited by mik99, 29 August 2006 - 10:55 AM.

iii333

iii333
  • Members
  • 7 posts

only way to bypass office installation, is not installing InfoPath

any solution?

To copy office installation on HD of each computer where you want to install office :P

I was wrong: Office 2003 PIA doesn't contain the file Microsoft.Office.Interop.InfoPath.SemiTrust.dll :(. It only applies on it...

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
hi all! i tried this link as suggested by jftuga ... everything went on smoothly & i even created an ISO ... but when i tried installing it & checked on Help ... About - it didn't show as SP2 ... attached are a couple of screenshots: 1 from another machine where i installed SP2 separately while the other where i used the slipstreamed SP2 ... any suggestion? thanks! :)

Attached Files

monnezza

monnezza
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Hi All

I'm trying to create a network installation source for Office 2003 Professional, with SP2 and all hotfixes applied, but running into trouble.

I have run the initial install from CD with the /A option, entered the product key and registration info. Then I have downloaded Office 2003 Service Pack 2, extracted this and applied it to the MSI files. Up to this point is absolutely fine, no problems. I can install from here, and Office 2003 with SP2 installs fine.

The problem comes with trying to integrate the post-SP2 hotfixes. Through installing Office 2003 with SP2 then visiting Microsoft Update, I have found that the following further updates are required at the moment:

Security Update for PowerPoint 2003 (KB916518)
Security Update for Word 2003 (KB917334)
Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103)
Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB920907)
Security Update for Office 2003 (KB921566)
Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB918419)
Security Update for Office 2003 (KB914455)
Update for Outlook 2003 (KB913807)
Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)

I have downloaded the administrative installers for each of these, extracted the MSP files, and then used msiexec to apply them to the office11.msi file in the installation source. This all goes OK, there are no errors generated. However, if I then perform a new clean install from this source, the system does not seem to think these updates have been applied. Visiting the Microsoft Update website, it still downloads and applies them.

Can anyone offer any advice as to anything I might have done wrong, or why this might be failing?

I need a help, please!

Posted Image

Did you find a fix for this iii333 ? I have the exact same issue. When installed directly from the hard drive, no problems at all. But if I burn the files to cd I get this same error. Only solution I've come up with is NOT to install InfoPath. Installation is fine then.

But why would it install perfectly from the HDD but not CD?

hi all,
I have a solution, I'll explain you how I did:

The problem is Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103):

you don't need Office 2003 PIA
you need Windows Installer SDK (x86) v1.1

After slipstreaming Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103) into Office 2003 Professional with SP2 there are two errors in PRO11.MSI.
To fix:

• download Windows Installer SDK (x86) v1.1:
  • double click downloaded IntelSDK.msi and follow the instruction to install
  • go in the folder where you have install to (default D:\MsiIntel.SDK) then under folder Tools (D:\MsiIntel.SDK\Tools)
  • double click Orca.msi and install it
  • backup PRO11.MSI slipstreamed with Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103)
  • run Orca
  • with Orca open PRO11.MSI slipstreamed with Update for InfoPath 2003 (KB920103)
  • then in the Tables column (left) click on File, scroll down the rigth column until end, at the bottom you will see the last two rows like:

File                                        Component_                      Sequence
IPCLRWRP.DLL_0001            Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2            4550
INFOPATH.CFG                      Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2            4551

• change the numbers under Sequence into:

File                                        Component_                      Sequence
IPCLRWRP.DLL_0001            Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2              270
INFOPATH.CFG                      Global_PIA_XDocsWrapper2              271

Attached File  PRO11.MSI.jpg   148.66KB   225 downloads
  • save PRO11.MSI
  • create image, burn it and try...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN