Light Scribe

Shadowarez

I just picked this up for $80 and was wondering how on earth do i actually burn the dvd labels? the software it came with is nero 6 oem and its pretty much useless, i tryed surething 4E that doesnt have any options to print to dvd? anyone else knwo of software that works?

Start Nero Smartstart and under one the 'Extra Tools' tab should be "Print LightScribe label" next to a lightscribe symble, this'll open up a piece of software with a CD in the middle where you create your design, you can hit the "Burn label" button up top, should show you a preview, then insert the Lightscribe DVD into the drive, data side up, and burn your label...

I use Nero to burn my labels, works fine, take sabout 30 minutes...

You're not using the right "label maker" mode.... It's under Extra Options, and it'll specifically say "Print Lightscribe Label", once you press that the "burn lightscribe label" will appear next to the printer in the menu bar, it'll be a golden disc like thingy....

Not sure, but it won't hurt to try it. I didn't have ANY lightscribe burning options available in any software until I installed this...I did install the SureThing software and it seemed to work just fine for me...had issues with the Nero version (only allowed me to create a very small text box)...