Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

only "one-way sync" with Outlook 2003 and PDA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

my2001

my2001

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
Hey ... maybe this is the right place for my problem. I hope to get an answer here because I can't use my PDA properly.

What's the matter?
I've got a PDA with OS Windows Mobile 2003 SE (Second Edition ). On my PC there is Outlook 2003 installed with current patches. So far okay. The problems occur when I try to sync the data between my PDA and PC.

When I put the PDA in the craddle ActiveSync 4.1 starts and beginns sync'ing the data. But only one way, that's the problem. Only the changes I made in the database on my PC are transfered to my PDA, not vice versa. Changes I made on my PDA, e.g. address details, are not transferred to my PC, instead an error message is displayed. And as long as the PDA is connected with ActiveSync my PC-Outlook database is locked for further changes, e.g. the "new"-buttons are greyed out. I have to cut the connection and re-start Outlook on my PC to be able to alter the data like calendar, adresses, etc.

Does anyonw know what's the reason for this strange behaviour and how to get a working two-way sync?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN