Digital Camera/Webcam

kobblers

I have just installed a webcam on my computer (Windows Me), and although it works perfectly on Yahoo Messenger, it does not work properly on MSN Messenger. When I select `Use Web Camera on MSN Messenger` I get different messages, such as `This option is being used by something else` or words to that effect, orI get my picture on ok, but no broadcast status. Can anyone help?

K. A. OFFICER.

Have you installed the drivers for the webcam?

Close Yahoo down and any other program that might be using the webcam. The open MSN and try again. If it still says the same thing then go to 'tools' on msn then 'web camera settings' and hopefully you should see yourself, and settings for your camera.

Make sure your webcam is detected by msn, if not, disconnect it then re-connect it. If it still is not reboot, make sure yahoo is closed.

Hope this helps.

Have you downloaded the webcam software? Or maybe you can only use it for one instant message program (Yahoo!) and it wont work because like you said, it comes up it being used by something else. If your going to get the MSN messegner webcam software, get it for 5.0, THEN get 6.0, thats what I did :)

Good Luck!