HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Thumbs down on HFSLIP_60318a-expert.CMD with HFCLEANUP. TC, I sent you some details on what parts you can mod and what parts you cant. The part that I explicitly said not to mod was modded.... this made the hfcleanup break.

I'm having trouble with 18a as well :no:

Nothing has changed for me...I am having the same two problems that I've been having for the past several days. Not sure what I can do to help diagnose... :unsure:

I focused on the CPI problem you mentioned in post #72. Do you have the three required myuninst files in SOURCESS\I386 now?

As far as post #71 goes...

What's the name of this "task scheduler control panel entry"?

@TommyP:

I noticed modifype is run on files in WIN\ but not on files in WIN\SYSTEM32. Is that intentional?

I focused on the CPI problem you mentioned in post #72. Do you have the three required myuninst files in SOURCESS\I386 now?
Yes, but the dorked txtsetup prevents me from seeing if they all get installed in the final product properly.
As far as post #71 goes...

What's the name of this "task scheduler control panel entry"?

Gibberish...it looks like bad ascii codes or something...just a few tall rectangles similar to [] but as one-character, completed boxen.

I meant the original file name. I couldn't find it in your ERROR_REPORT.TXT. I would like to test it to see if I can figure out the problem.

The current version is 60318c-expert. There was an issue with a fix introduced in 60318b-expert.

I don't know how you are testing now, but I'd advise to take a look at txtsetup.sif and hfslipwu.inf before doing a test install. This could save you some time...

I meant the original file name. I couldn't find it in your ERROR_REPORT.TXT. I would like to test it to see if I can figure out the problem.
Isn't task scheduler a standard control panel entry? :unsure: The only other thing it could be on my end is a bad CPL entry in an addon...I will check that next. Either way, there are no other *.CP* in HFEXPERT.

Just tested again with 18ce. Same TXTSETUP problem as before. I would attach the file and an error report, but there doesn't seem to be any change from the last time I posted them.

EDIT: I see that 18d is posted...will test now.

Edited by TAiN

You're right; 18d didn't help :(

I can try selectively removing things from HFEXPERT/WIN if you think that may narrow it down.

Edited by TAiN

If you're using the full blown hfcleanup, there is no task scheduler at all. My txtsetup doesn't have strange characters. It will work, but it won't be able to do the full cleaning that hfcleanup can do.

@Tomcat: I'll start selectively reducing my HFEXPERT and report back.

@tommyp: The odd characters were in the *intalled and running* OS...I can check what the TXTSETUP says but I'll have to generate that config again.

Low disk space != good records

Edited by TAiN