HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

I Removed Boooggy_ASPI_Addon.cab and I test now with HFSLIP_60405b.CMD. In hour I will present results

p.s in APPREPLACEMENT I should have mplayer.exe or mplayer2.exe?

dziubek

First test

-----------

I used HFSLIP_HFSLIP_60405b.CMD (without folder HFAAO) and D type driver compression

----------

1. I have not problem with % maininf % already

Thanks for disinterested help :-)

2. Remaining errors aren't present also

WU is happy but :

errr9yg.th.gif

When it was installed the rest is all ok.

3. The problem is present with path of access to catalog MY DOCUMENTS still.

4. How I can download & integrate KB 905474 ?

Second test

-------------

I used HFSLIP_HFSLIP_60405b.CMD (with HFAAO) and D type driver compression

I Removed Boooggy_ASPI_Addon.cab

------------

1. I have not problem with % maininf % already

2.WU is happy but :

errr9yg.th.gif

When it was installed the rest is all ok.

3. All addons was installed correctly :-)

4. The problem is present with path of access to catalog MY DOCUMENTS still.

@Super-Magician

You were right ,thanks

ERROR_REPORT.zip

ERROR_REPORT2.zip

Edited by dziubek

hi!

you may try looking into this if it would be any help ...

http://www.vorck.com/hfexpert.html

APPREPLACEMENT: Create a folder in HFEXPERT called APPREPLACEMENT. Place a renamed EXE file that is part of Windows.

Example 1 - SysInternal's Process Explorer, Renamed to TSKMGR.EXE

Example 2 - Media Player Classic, renamed to MPLAYER2.EXE

if i'm not mistaken mplayer.exe is for the classic media player that was in use in the DOS-based OS while mplayer2.exe is for the newer one that are in use in the NT-based OS ... ver diff ;)

oops ... sorry for the late post ...

the page i'm in was not refreshed

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Could You add new capabilities to already gigantic possibilities HFSLIP about next :

* If I have turned off WFP (hacked sfc_os.dll) I would like to have the possibility automatic the removing the files of CAT in catalog SVCPACK and file svcpack.inf

** It addition support for r XPize - Creating a XPized Windows ISO

Is compatible with nLite's hotfix integration.

http://xpero.msfn.org/?page=home

*** The integration the KB 905474 with source of installation

In advance thanks for considering suggestion

dziubek

Edited by dziubek

* If I have turned off WFP (hacked sfc_os.dll) I would like to have the possibility automatic the removing the files of CAT in catalog SVCPACK and file svcpack.inf
Why do you want to remove the catalog files? They are required for Windows Update to think that the hotfixes are installed.
*** The integration the KB 905474 with source of installation
KB905474 cannot be integrated/slipstreamed because there is nothing to download. The KB article is just a informational page describing the Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application. The application is installed/executed when Windows Genuine Advantage fails to validate a copy of Windows.

Although according to the KB article you can uninstall KB905474, I do not think you can slipstream it.

Also, why would you slipstream it in the first place? Does Windows Update/Automatic Updates ask you to install it? Isn't the application just a nuisance if it keeps popping up to say your Windows isn't genuine?

Edited by Super-Magician

@dziubek...

What's that install prompt you're getting when going to the Windows Update site? What are you being asked to install?

I don't really understand your problem with My Documents. When you install on a VM, does Windows think your documents are located in C:\My Documents?

It's to be called "mplayer2.exe", yes. Appreplacement replaces files in I386 and the file you want to replace is called "mplayer2.ex_".

I've taken a look at the XPize program but I fail to see how nLite is being told which switches you want to use. Also, does this work from SVCPACK?

@Kiki

Try mplay32 from Run. That's not "the DOS player" but WMP 5.0.

Isn't the application just a nuisance if it keeps popping up to say your Windows isn't genuine?
It would be more of a nuisance if it flashed "Thank you for using a genuine copy of Microsoft Windows!" once in a while... :D Edited by Tomcat76

Why do you want to remove the catalog files? They are required for Windows Update to think that the hotfixes are installed.

MBSA2 does not complain if they are removed and it uses the same engine as WU.

Edited by Camarade_Tux

Windows File Protection prevents the replacement of protected system files such as .sys, .dll, .ocx, .ttf, .fon, and .exe files. Windows File Protection runs in the background and protects all files installed by the Windows Setup program.

Windows File Protection detects attempts by other programs to replace or move a protected system file.

WU only checks for the reg entries and the file versions, so its no problem,but QFECHECk will say you you have to reinstall the most of the hotfixes.

Windows update scans for file versions. Not the cat files so windows update will still recognize the fact that Windows has been updated.

CAT files are used to register the files with Windows File Protection, so it knows they're valid and doesn't try to replace them.When I delete cat file from hotfix .All files from this hotfix will appear to be unsigned and won't be protected by Windows File Protection.If you disable sfc you dont need the cat files.

According to me after removal the files of CAT the installation runs more considerably quickly.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=553

dziubek

@Kiki

Try mplay32 from Run. That's not "the DOS player" but WMP 5.0.

hi!

what i meant by this was that basically this media player is the one present with the lower OS vers (i.e., Win98 & the like)

my apologies if it sent the wrong msg :}

as for removing the cat files, i agree that this actually hastens the installation process as i used to experience being stuck at 39 mins without any progress (for long hours) ... which was kinda apparent when i used nLite to slipstream multitude of hotfixes ... if i may quote:

click advanced, remove cat files ;) + disable windows file protecion in the patches section

its not stuck, just going through the files really slowly!

and i think tomcat76 would try to look into the possibility of adding the capability to do so via HFSLIP, right? ;)

thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

@Kiki: You didn't send the wrong message. I was just mentioning it as an aside.

407b is out. Support for XPize plus optional removal of CAT files if sfc.dl_ or sfc_os.dl_ are detected in FIX. :)