HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

[Edited]

Remove the Cumulative MSOE update for XPSP1. You only need the one for SP2. There are a couple of other hotfixes there that are for SP1.

I used Your list of hotfixes and I cleaned unnecessary hotfixes in HF. Problems don't step out now. Thanks.

dziubek

EDIT:

I again have the problem with framedyn.dll

caused by some ADDONS surely.

Programmes from HFAAO were not installed.. I will execute additional tests and write about my observations.

HFSLIP.LOG.txt

Edited by dziubek

I probably found the guilty one of my problem with WU.I will write about this by in several hours
You found it?

The problem with registering components caused damaged SFC > DLL. I apologize this was my fault .

dziubek...

The "Microsoft Windows Publisher" thing is the Windows Update Agent. If you still get this problem, it means WUA20 doesn't slipstream (properly) into a Polish Windows XP. In that case, download the attached file into the HFSLIP folder and run it (SOURCESS folder must be present). Then ZIP the following files and attach it here:

- WUfiles.txt (generated by the attached file)

- AU.IN_ from SOURCE\I386

- AU.IN_ from SOURCESS\I386

- HFSLIPWU.INF from SOURCESS\I386

getWU.cmd outputs a list of the WUA20 files in the SOURCESS\I386 folder including the creation date.

getWU.cmd

If you have problems with Addons I need your txtsetup.sif as well.

So your problem with Windows Update is fixed?

WU does not work in the order to the end, because it updated files after starting. Was the new version accessible?

errrr5iy.th.gif

"Take the newest software of the extension WINDOWS UPDATE"

I send my txtsetup.sif in the attachment.

TXTSETUP.zip

You need to remove the addon that contains "AEncoder.cab". Where did you download it from?

I downloaded from here:

http://ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23237#23237

The update went out today:

"

Silent update to 1.0b

-Changed one line in Entries_AudioEncoders.ini.

"

I also updated several different addons.I will write about the effect by in several hours.

dziubek

hi guys!

pardon for getting off the topic ... but i recall having read here somewhere about some RyanVM remove components (addons) that i could use in HFSLIP to remove some windows components ...

i'd appreciate too if someone can give me tips to remove the ff via HFSCLEANUP way of course:

(1) MSN Explorer

(2) Tour

(3) MSN Messenger

(4) non-Eng languages

(5) non-Eng keyboards

thanks much!

I had problem with %maininf% in the textmode:

"Copying the file % maininf % it was not possible"

By the look of it, the problem is with one of your addons. Find your Sysoc.inf file (sysoc.in_ compressed in your i386 dir) and check that, see if there are any weird errors in it also. "Slipstreams" such as these you have used arent a very good way to install a program because unless they are written perfectly, one single broken one will stop every single one of them from installing.

Have you tried all these updates in another program such as nLite to make sure its not just a HFSlip problem? What it looks like to me is one of those addon makers didnt specify the %maininf% properly in his entries_whatever.ini. I suppose you could extract all the cab files and search for %maininf% in them to see which ones use it, then check them for errors by hand. Even then, there are obviously more errors in the secondary inf files that are called in your sysoc file since its not installing any of them.

Kiki - There are instructions for HFCLEANUP are here, click on the HFEXPERT link. You are on your own with XP, if you use all of the reducers, your installation may not work. There wasn't any want or need for reducing XP, so I decided not to create reducers for it. BTW, you could always NLITE the sourcess folder to remove things too.

Edited by tommyp

Kiki: I believe you were referring to Windows Messenger, not MSN Messenger. There is a difference. MSN Messenger is not installed by Windows Setup.

To prevent Windows Messenger from being installed, you can add an entry to the [Components] section of WINNT.SIF

[Components]
msmsgs=off

or you can create the following script and place it in HFSVCPACK.

@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\CMDOW.EXE cmdow @ /HID
CLS
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
TITLE Windows Messenger Removal Script
ECHO.
ECHO Removing Windows Messenger...
START /WAIT RunDll32 %windir%\system32\advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
ECHO.
ECHO Windows Messenger successfully removed!
GOTO EOF

:EOF

Edited by Super-Magician

Yes. That's because of that odyn1982_AudioUtilities_Addon_v1.0.cab addon.

Concerning your Windows Update problem...

I noticed that wuaucpl.cpl is being updated 13 minutes after the Windows Update files are integrated into the new source by HFSLIP. I suppose XPize is doing that as I can't imagine anything else running 13 minutes after new binaries are integrated.

Do you still have the WindowsUpdate.log file from a test installation of Windows? It is located inside C:\WINDOWS. Don't confuse it with "Windows Update.log":

WindowsUpdate.log = Windows Update

Windows Update.log = Windows Update Catalog

I need the first.

Edited by Tomcat76

Yes. That's because of that odyn1982_AudioUtilities_Addon_v1.0.cab addon.

Would I write email to the author Addon but I do not know what to write so that he improves him ?

WindowsUpdate.log.txt

Edited by dziubek