HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

thanks Camarade Tux for the update ... i like the Super Tux! :)

hi TC ... it might be supported in 2K3 ... as for XPize, i'm using XPize 4.3 MCE ... i'll try to double check on SVCPACK.INF in SOURCESS\I386 if it contains the XPIZE.EXE /S ... what i do know is that i have the xpize.txt in the HFTOOLS dir that has the /S /notask switches ... i did put XPize43.exe in the HF dir & it did install at T-13 though I had to follow the prompts ... checked it when already in Windows & everything seemed patched correctly ... still using the same build now w/ no issue at all :)

btw, i've downloaded 60426b & i'll use it tonight as i wasn't able to make builds last night ... i got preoccupied watching UFC ;)

With 60427b, all critical and optional hotfixes listed on [your] update page for XP install correctly, including KB905474 (WGA Notifications) and UPHClean. Thanks, Tomcat! :)

Question - Can you put a link to KB905474 on your update page as it is listed on WU/MU as a critical update? And, is KB905474 only for XP? (The link the_guy gave on another topic was for the XP version)

[attachment removed]

Edited by Super-Magician

With 60427b, all critical and optional hotfixes listed on [your] update page for XP install correctly, including KB905474 (WGA Notifications) and UPHClean. Thanks, Tomcat! :)
If you have the time... Would you mind removing the following line from HFSLIP.CMD in SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK and install again?

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wgatray.exe /b

I'm still not sure if it's required but I'm gonna keep it in for now. No rush... :)

And, is KB905474 only for XP? (The link the_guy gave on another topic was for the XP version)
It's not listed as an update on WU for Win2K so I guess it's only available for XP (for now)... Edited by Tomcat76

thanks Tomcat for the inclusion of KB888111! :)

have already downloaded the new ver ...

you really are so proactive in putting in all those changes ...

rest assured, we all will do our parts & contribute to HFSLIP's evolution ;)

allow me to go back to the ff:

This is a new file that comes with one or more of the hotfixes you add on top. Can you tell me where that file ends up on the system? Is it the SYSTEM32 directory?

nothing ends up in the i386 dir nor in the system32 dir ... i even tried searching the entire source for it ...

I searched around a bit and KB897338 contains this file. HFSLIP needs to be updated for it. Is this a hotfix you're including?

yes sir, it is a hotfix from this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=897338

also, XPize does not silently install despite the xpize.txt in HFTOOLS dir ...
If SVCPACK.INF in SOURCESS\I386 contains at least "XPIZE.EXE /S", then it can only mean two things:

- there's a general problem with the XPize executable (which version are you using?)

- XPize cannot be installed at T-13

pls find the attached SVCPACK.INF handy (& SYSOC in case needed)

thanks again!

BTW, have already downloaded the most recent hfslip … just now ...

infs.7z

Edited by Kiki Burgh

thanks for the confirmation sir ... :)

will do ...

although, i tried different approaches in the xpize.txt in HFTOOLS dir ...

xpize.exe /S /notask

& one with

XPIZESW=/S /notask

yet prompts still come up ... well, not that it is difficult to follow the prompts ... though it would have been much better if no prompt anymore would present itself ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

@dziubek...

I need the TXTSETUP.SIF and SYSOC.INF from the "bad" install. If everything is fine in those files, the only solution is that you try to find out which addon is causing the issue because the only thing HFSLIP can do is obey what's defined in the addons configuration file (just like nLite). If the problem addon is localized I can maybe try to find a workaround (just like for the one for CDImage).

Edited by Tomcat76

dziubek - Have you tried running these addon packs thru a different program such as nLite or the RyanVM slipstreamer to see if its the update packs?

A way you could test them is to extract all the cabs into a single directory, remove the .ini files, then extract all the .in_ files. You will then have *namehere*.inf files. To test the addons, right click each addon .inf and select Install. If it does not work (doesnt do anything) just delete the pack because it wasnt tested, or the creater is lazy which means its liable to have errors. This isnt for system update packs like WMP10 or RyanVM Update Pack only application addon packs. Otherwise, they should all install properly and you'll know pretty fast which ones are worth keeping because they work and which ones arent.

Do this on a virtual machine. These addonpacks can cause havoc on your computer. And ill say it again, these addonpacks can cause problems when installing XP unless they are perfectly working.

Mind you, im not against all application addon packs. The "nLite Application Add-Ons" tend to be quite good because they dont modify the sysoc which is what causes incomplete system installs when the sysoc errors from a bad inf. At least if theres an error in the "nLite Application Add-Ons" packs, the system install keeps going properly...

Edited by Axed