HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

@kenlau

If you create a multiboot CD you need to specify the path to the I386 folder when prompted to. If it will be located in X:\Professional\i386, you need to specify Professional\ (including the backslash).

I'm just curious, does HFSLIP support application addons in .zip format. If not, the only requirement would be 7za.exe in HFTOOLS.
What? They exist too?

Why can't they stick to something and keep using it? I can understand them using 7z, but RAR is payware and so is ZIP. Next thing you know they'll make them in TAR and ACE...

OK... I'll add support for ZIP... :)

I did not specify the i386 folder in HFSlip because I run winnt32.exe /noreboot and then edit the txtsetup.sif file to point that to the i386 folder. To cut a long story short, I first run Hfslip, then Bashrat's drivers, and the create the multiboot dvd as per MSFN's guide.

So far, it work beautifully, and usually Hfslip work without any problems. As a matter of fact, 1.2.2 work using this method without any problems whatsoever, but not the latest test releases. I ran the exact same hotfixes, updates and cab files in 1.2.2 and the test releases.

I notice another odd thing. I place UPHClean-Setup.msi in the HF directory as per your guide, but once I ran Hfslip, I notice that it move this file to HFSVCPACK_SW directory.

I always edit txtsetup.sif so it will point to the i386 directory. I just notice that I need to edit the hfslip.cmd file in the svcpack directory as well. I will do that and retest, but the odd thing is that I did not do that for 1.2.2 and the installation still went smoothly.

Edited by kenlau

For Windows 2000, Windows Defender requires gdiplus.dll. Put gdiplus_dnld.exe in HF and 7za.exe from the "7-Zip Command Line Version" package in HFTOOLS.

This used to be covered through an external file (HFSPLUG1.CMD) but was merged into HFSLIP 1.0. I removed the HFSPLUG1.CMD info from the site but apparantly forgot to provide info on GDI+ elsewhere. I'll rectify this.

I'm not using Windows 2000 but Windows XP. I've attached the log of hfslip.

P.s. The log doesn't show what files are in HFGUIRUNONCE. Maybe is better to implement that it show them.

HFSLIP.TXT

Edited by S3pHiroTh

So far, it work beautifully, and usually Hfslip work without any problems. As a matter of fact, 1.2.2 work using this method without any problems whatsoever, but not the latest test releases. I ran the exact same hotfixes, updates and cab files in 1.2.2 and the test releases.
Do you have iexpress.exe in your Windows's SYSTEM32 folder?
I notice another odd thing. I place UPHClean-Setup.msi in the HF directory as per your guide, but once I ran Hfslip, I notice that it move this file to HFSVCPACK_SW directory.
This is mentioned in the changelog.
I always edit txtsetup.sif so it will point to the i386 directory. I just notice that I need to edit the hfslip.cmd file in the svcpack directory as well. I will do that and retest, but the odd thing is that I did not do that for 1.2.2 and the installation still went smoothly.
Editing HFSLIP.CMD isn't necessary if you enter the path when prompted. But this is only required if anything is going to be installed by HFSLIP.CMD.

@S3pHiroTh...
@S3pHiroTh, Windows Defender can't be installed at T-13. I've tried it with the MSI and a switchless installer. Put the file in HFGUIRUNONCE instead.

Ok :P

Edited by S3pHiroTh